Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Boss 302 Mustang

bogger44

Built this one back in 2009, I believe. This was my first attempt at trying to replicate a factory fresh car, using a magazine article of a concours restored Boss by Bob Perkins, as a guide. Mostly just paint detailing. Added a solenoid and rev limiter. I love these 'stangs in Grabber Blue, so that's what I went with (Testors enamel). Decals are from Keith Marks. Oh yeah, other than the air cleaner lid, this was also before I ventured into the world of BMF. Sorry, the pics are a little dark and don't show the color the best. Someday I'll probably take some better ones. Thanks for lookin'.....

boss302048.jpg

boss302044.jpg

boss302062.jpg

boss302076.jpg

boss302039.jpg

boss302034.jpg

boss302032.jpg

Edited by bogger44

Really sharp looking Mustang Tony! I have a Boss 429 that I was planning on painting "Grabber Green". But, after seeing yours, I think I'm going to go the route you took. Nice work! BTW, glad to see you posting here now!

Thanks a lot everyone. After I win the Powerball tonight, maybe I'll finally be able to park a real one of these in my driveway. :D

Really sharp looking Mustang Tony! I have a Boss 429 that I was planning on painting "Grabber Green". But, after seeing yours, I think I'm going to go the route you took. Nice work! BTW, glad to see you posting here now!

Yeah, I'm liking is here so far. I tell ya though, with all of the amazingly great builders here, it's hard to hang with you guys! I'm finding lots of inspiration in checking out the tons of builds and wealth of knowledge, on this site. I've got the same Grabber Green plans for when I whip together a Boss '9. You couldn't go wrong going with the blue, either.