Model Cars Magazine Forum

Procharged Corvette Z06 - updated 4/10 Finished!

shucky

Here I started work on a shift light. Aluminum tube for the body, styrene rod for the end cap, and MV Lenses. The mounting bracket came from a PE hood hinge set from Aber. In order to drop in the lens I drilled out the aluminum tube body with a drill bit larger than the inner diameter of the tubing. This created a ledge on the inner section of the tube so the lens will have somewhere to rest when dropped in. The end cap is just a section of styrene rod which was drilled to accept the aluminum tube body and the other end was shaped and smoothed with sand paper. More to come. Thanks guys for the kind words.

IMG_0987.jpg

Here it is mocked up on the PE mounting bracket.

IMG_1000.jpg

Edited by shucky

Mike

Your detail work on this is phenomenal. I am in awe of how each piece is just simplicity in scratch building techniques but they turn out to be so highly detailed looking. I love the work on the steering wheel especially. Great job.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Keith, your right. The base Vette has the battery located where I placed mine. The ZO6 has it in the cargo area. I didn't realize this at the time I did my research that there was a difference in battery placement between the two. This is a model though, and I would have placed it right where I have it regardless of whether I had known or not to detail this otherwise boring area of the engine bay. Nice catch though!

Thanks all for the kind words. More pics coming tomorrow.

Here is the shift light finished up. The body is magnesium metalizer, thinned flat yellow by Tamiya, and red MV lens. The mount was done in titanium metalizer and has scalehardware 8mm rivet and RB motion nut for adjustment detail. Next up is working on the wheels and tires. Thanks guys for the support and comments.

IMG_1008.jpg

Mount in place on dash.

IMG_1014.jpg

Light in place.

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

Beautiful work. Love what you have done, so far. Very clean work & fine details.

Those punch & die sets are great as, could not work without them. There is also a hex head set as well.

These kits from Jada are great. I wish they would make more. I did buy one of each when they were available.

Well, tonight I got a start on the wheels and tires. The Tamiya Enzo rear tires are wider than the resin sleeves I made so I decided to use two sleeves per tire trimmed to fit. Used a Micro Mark mini miter saw and mini 5 inch disc sander along with their variable speed foot control to get it done. These are great little machines and well worth the purchase for hobby use when you get them on sale. Here are some pictures from earlier this evening.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Here are the uncut sleeves.

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

Trimmed front section.

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

Edited by shucky