Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pinterest anyone?

There are various model builders and hobby shops on Pinterest. A lot of people think they are real cars also, which I find amusing. It's easy and fun and very addictive. You just start as many boards as you like and start pinning. I pin pictures directly from my PC. Follow or unfollow as many boards as you like and be ready, people will start following you. I have over 800 followers already. Lots of car crazy people out there! Have some free fun!

This site is my closest thing to social media. Oh, wait, I forgot...we are "selfie" and yard sale free. :lol:

Seriously though...Ron, I'm glad Pinterest works out for you. It sounds like a pretty cool thing. I just work 80 hours a week on the computer and MCM is just about all the extra curicular (SP?) surfing I can take.

Thanks for responding guys. No one from this forum besides me? My daughter got me started on Pinterest. At first I thought it was a girl thing and mostly about food. Then I started searching for cars. My Daughter said, " Dad, all you do is pin cars, I'm going to quit following you." I said, "Go ahead." I had to unfollow her to get rid of all the girl stuff.

I started boards on every make and model I like and it grew from there. I started posting pictures of my models and now they keep showing up everywhere. I look at it daily just like I do here and it just seems to keep me going.

I am surprised some of you guys haven't tried this. There are a lot of model builders on there and hobby shops from all over. Anyway all I can say is give it a try or at least look at it when you have time. Sounds like I'm trying to sell it but, no, it's completly free. Thanks for looking.

Ron , I checked the link you gave and you have a lot of models posted ! Are they all yours or do you just post ones that you like ? I'm trying to figure out how it works or why it works . There doesn't seem to be any explanation anywhere so I'm not sure what the purpose is .

I will spend some more time there today and look around a bit . . . I'll let you know what I decide .

Bob, the link is to my models, they are all mine and my pictures. I have another board with other models cars and trucks that aren't mine. I will give you the link. You can probably just click on my name and get all my boards, I'm not sure what you are seeing. You can click on pictures to inlarge. There is lots of other stuff on here and a lot of useful imformation.

http://www.pinterest.com/rmvw/model-cars-and-trucks/

Here's another link to all my boards, http://www.pinterest.com/rmvw/

And another link to home, http://www.pinterest.com/

It's easy once you get started. You should be able to navigate on your own. You might have to sign up first, just follow link to sign up.

Edited by rmvw guy

Here's the link to sign up FREE.

https://www.pinterest.com/

It looks to be the same as above. Also it looks like you have to sign up on Facebook or Email. My daughter signed me up and I'm not sure how she did it. You could do a google search if the link dosen't work. Good luck!

Edited by rmvw guy

I am going to start using it. I have been browsing and I realize you can create your own "boards" and make your own collection of photos. I will be using this for reference photos for builds. All of them will be in the same place and I can access from my phone, tablet or computer. Seems like it will work out nicely. Don't find the photos you want on there? Add them

Thanks Cameron for getting back to comment. I was beginning to think there was zero interest in this post Maybe it was the way I presented it. You are describing exactly what I do and I love it. I was a little shy about posting my own photos at first but, now that is one of my favorite things to do. There is great reference material everywhere also.

I am going to start using it. I have been browsing and I realize you can create your own "boards" and make your own collection of photos. I will be using this for reference photos for builds. All of them will be in the same place and I can access from my phone, tablet or computer. Seems like it will work out nicely. Don't find the photos you want on there? Add them

http://www.pinterest.com/rmvw/my-model-cars/

This is one way I keep track of my built models. Just wondered how many others on here do this? It seems interesting to me to see who pins my models and just another way to show them off.

Ron - I haven't used Pinterest much (my wife set up an account for me), but after seeing your models on there, I'm in!

Thanks guys. Don't be surprised if some of your models are on there already, they can be easily pined from MCM. Mike I started following a couple of your boards. I'm not here to promote Pinterest just curious whether anyone here was signed up. I'm still onboard here 100 percent.