Model Cars Magazine Forum

Weirich1's Review Of Revell's '06 Mustang Gt

weirich1

I've had this kit sitting on the shelf and I've finally found the inspiration to build it for a special project. Here's what I think so far:

Cons: Not a big fan of the white, aluminum, and black plastic; rather would see all white. BTW, where are the transparent red light lenses? What's with the narrow tires?

Pros: The body is perfect, Revell captured the new design flawlessly. The closed hood has no gap next to the fenders and blends smoothly. I think this is Revell's best Mustang; believe me I've built a lot of them over the years. Definitely a detailed chassis and interior. Everything is going together very well too.

I'll keep this review updated as the kit progresses hoping to inspire future Mustang builders.

Chassis and engine are progressing extremely well as of today. Have to pay attention to the alignment of intake plenum 58 onto riser tubes 63/64 in step 1D; risers are a little wider than plenum. I used Testors Model Master Enamel bottle and spray on the body work, no reactions between plastic and paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is still progressing smoothly. Glad to see Revell changed how the wheels attach with the pins and retainers. Chassis is complete, working on the interior now. Just got the final paintwork done on the body.

BTW, just wish I would have found www.scaleproduction.de sooner, this thing would definitely have the Saleen supercharger on it instead of stock intake manifold. Maybe their Eleanor body work too.

Body to chassis assembly is definitely the tightest fit I've ever seen, but it's great. Down to the final assemby, all that remains are headlight covers, tail lights, turn signals, mirrors, windshield, rear window, and decals. This kit rocks!

It's done and looks great; now I really wish I would have built right after I bought it. All that's left is just some clearcoat over the decals. Now I want the real car (again)! I'll post pics in the near future.

Edited by weirich1