Model Cars Magazine Forum

Three River Automodelers Show and Contest.

3riverfan

I am a member of Three River Automodelers, and I've been asked by the club board to help spread the word of our show and contest. Don't believe the rumors, the show is still on for SEPTEMBER 30, 2012 @ Castle Shannon Volunteer Fire Hall. And it's still $3.00 admission, and children under 12 are free. Floor rights are $13.00. We will be photographing contest cars again. Our last contest was published in Model Car magazine's 2011 contest edition. I've been working on a nicer back drop for photos and hope to be published again. Please keep us in mind. If your a vendor and would like a table please contact Don Bishop @ 724-864-4905. Hope to see you there.

I do believe that I will be attending your show Greg. I've finished up a couple of new models recently and will most likely be entering them. I went to the 3 Rivers Show a couple of years ago and had a great time. I even got lucky and won some awards. I'm looking forward to the show.

• 1 month later...

i will be there as well........ hope to see you guys all there. i havent been to that show for two years, and i miss it. its a good show.

I only have 2 builds to enter in the contest this time tho.......i usually have more. but thats ok, its fun just to go!

see ya there

cheers

bryan

Only a week to go.... James2, I don't believe that this is an IPMS Show... Nothing in the show flyer indicates that, however there is a Miscellaneous Class in which I'll assume might allow for non-automotive models. I'm sure one of the Three Rivers guys will chime in here on this.

I want to thank the guys who put the show on! Great show! I had a lot of fun and brought home some more kits to add to the stack of ones I hope to build some day!

NCAM, North Coast Auto Modelers had 8 memebers there this year, we witll try and get a few more next year. Maybe Tom Kren won't be camping!

Roll call for MCM members? ;)

If we just had matching T-shirts or something...

I was wearing a MCM Forum Member nametag that I got from Gregg Hutchings at the NNL East a couple of years ago.... Some people thought that i worked for the magazine...!!! I said no... sorry... I just thought i would "introduce myself" to any other Forum members who happened to be at the show... Only ONE guy said anything to me about being a Forum member. He was sitting at a table with his wife while I was scarfing down a couple of hot dogs. The show was pretty cool and there were definitely a lot of vendors. I only bought a couple of distributors from M.A.D. Got lucky and came home with some gold... My '53 Ford Pickup surprised the heck out of me... It took awards for Best Pickup and Best Ford.

I NEVER expected it to do anything at all. Just goes to show you that you just never know what the Judges will or won't like.