Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Dukes Charger

Ken#5fan

Ken by chance do you have another picture of that car with better rendering of the back. Because to me it looks like it drops down, instead of adding that extra piece on to make the back window smaller.

The reason why I say this, is looking at the rear sides of the window section, the lighter pieces on each side look like it makes it go downward from where the actual trunk lid would have been. But this could be an optical illusion, not sure.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since we are talking about converting the 1/16 charger I thought I would as my question here. The MPC charger has the frame from the NASCAR kit that the suspension attaches to, so for your conversion that's good. However I want to change mine to a standard 69 or 70 charger right off the standard assembly line. Does anyone know of a replacement engine bay that allows me to remove the engine frame?

Any ideas,

Since we are talking about converting the 1/16 charger I thought I would as my question here. The MPC charger has the frame from the NASCAR kit that the suspension attaches to, so for your conversion that's good. However I want to change mine to a standard 69 or 70 charger right off the standard assembly line. Does anyone know of a replacement engine bay that allows me to remove the engine frame?

Any ideas,

That question, is what I am working on as a kit form for folks to convert this race kit into a street kit. I'm not just talking engine bay, but also interior pieces as well. along with rear frame replacement as well.

Any ideas,

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/29/t/102662.aspx?sort=ASC&pi209=1

This might help you. I converted mine a while ago so hopefully it can give you some ideas.