Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Brad Keselowski Charger

MarkJ

Finally got this one done. The decals took longer to make than the model did. 2010 AMT Earnhardt Jr. 1/25 scale snapkit. Tamiya ts-50 paint. Evergreen styrene strips, rods, and sheets to make the front splitter, rear spoiler and shark fins. Squadron white putty to fill in the gaps. All decals created by me except for the Sunoco, Goodyear, Nascar race car decal on the a-pillar, and the aero decals on the wheels. These came with the kit. I also had to modify the quarter glasses to look like Dodge quarter glasses.

I wanted this model to resemble the Pocono car because that's where Brad beat Kyle Busch to the finish line.

ltftup1.jpg

ltsideup.jpg

ltrearflat.jpg

rtrearup.jpg

rtsideflat.jpg

rtftup.jpg

rearup.jpg

ftflat.jpg

Cool Charger NASCAR! Build was great to follow, and you did amazing job with the bodywork and painting. Decals are great too and tires look good. Thanks for sharing this awesome build, Charger is looking good as a Nascar racer.

I took this bad quality picture last winter at Daytona Speedway.

_small.jpg?hash=28211

Cool Charger NASCAR! Build was great to follow, and you did amazing job with the bodywork and painting. Decals are great too and tires look good. Thanks for sharing this awesome build, Charger is looking good as a Nascar racer.

I took this bad quality picture last winter at Daytona Speedway.

_small.jpg?hash=28211

Niko, that must have been two winters ago because thats when Kurt was driving the blue deuce and it still had the ugly braces on the front splitter.

That's a pic of a Richard Petty Driving Experience school car. So its very well possible it was taken last year as those cars are not kept up to date. Great job on the model. Very clean build and a pleasure to the eye to look at.

Thanks guys. I guess I will be doing a Ford next year. Rusty went from a Ford Blue Deuce to a Dodge and now Brad will be going back to a Ford. Just to think Brad will be in the same camp with Edwards irks me. I bet Brad's not to happy with the move since his dad always drove Dodges during his ARCA career.