Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

that is freaking insane!!! keep it going.

thanks Fred

Great stuff Bill, Nothing wrong at all with the way you did the strut mounts. They turned out nice.

thanks bro, I think it will be ok

beautiful progress Bill!!

thank you Jason

Bill.... Things just keep getting better. Very nice work!

all ways appreciate it Chris

Wow, that looks beautiful so far, keep it up!

Jonathan, thanks for checking in on it

Wowzers!

thanks Tony

OOH YES , THATS YET AGAIN SOOO COOL , awsome job on the line up and fitting everything together , must have taken some fine messurements :lol:

just so awsome to follow :wub:

thanks so much Richard

Totally insane! :)

Stephen, thanks

Looks great.

Now that I've had my fix of inspiration, I need to go do some work on the bench. You guys never cease to amaze me.

I DO hear Willie callin'.

yes you do Dave, Willie is going to start getting upset!! thanks man

that looks great Bill!

thank you Chas!

I started fooling around with the rack and pinion to see what I would have to do to figure it out, my last build I made a functional steering box to see if I could, so I figured I would see if I could do the same with this build, I started with a piece of aluminum tubing and filed a notchIMG_1538-vi.jpg

then used a piece of brass tubing that would slide into the aluminum tubing and cut some teeth on it to match a gear that I came up with, I'm not even sure what it came out of

IMG_1539-vi.jpg

then made a piece to hold the gear and filed a notch in it all so

IMG_1540-vi.jpg

with a few choice words and a little fiddling, I have a working rack and pinion, the problem I have is the chassis is set up for a front steer rack, this is a rear steer rackIMG_1547-vi.jpg

:huh: I will have to mount the rack behind the crossmember and switch the pitman arms around to the rear of the strut, still not sure if it will end up on the car yet, but I am going to do my best to make it all work

Edited by vintagedragfan

Geeez.... I don't know what to post. Saying this is one of the most inspiring builds ever shared would still be an understatement. Saying epic or beautiful are just words. This is a much stronger, like an experience. And a very good one.

I'll say it every time you post: Thank You

That rack and pinion actually works? You totally amaze me with your innovation and skill.

There aren't adequate words in the English language to describe this Bill. I could make some up but they still wouldn't do it justice. You have raised the bar to the upper reaches of the statosphere.

Looks at pictures ,,,,,, jaw hits desk,,,, nuff said

Are really going to put a body on over this and cover it all up ? Why ?

Ditto on that first bit, the detial so far is just mind blowing. As it is right now I think it would win every single contest for the next 50 years. It will be a sight to behold when it's finished and I'm looking foward to it.

This model is freaking amazing! Your craftsmanship is outstanding and makes this a joy to check in with once and a while. I am going to steal your steering rack idea and modify it for 3D printing as it is close to what I need to do for my Atom, thanks for the inspiration

Geeez.... I don't know what to post. Saying this is one of the most inspiring builds ever shared would still be an understatement. Saying epic or beautiful are just words. This is a much stronger, like an experience. And a very good one.

I'll say it every time you post: Thank You

John, you are very kind to say that, you are welcome all so! lol

Bill... You have me speechless yet again. You are the man. I can't believe you we're able to make the rack and pinion working.... Just awesome man!! Then again seeing what you have been doing on this build is just amazing

Chris, you have been inspirational as well with the attention to detail you are putting into your build! thanks so much bro

dude, just clear it and call it done.

Top notch all the way Bill

but it's not done yet Alyn, all ways appreciate your input buddy!

Man, that is stunning Bill, it's just a work of art, I don't know what else to call it!

thanks so much Mike

amazing.

thank you Jake!!

I'm still sitting here quietly with jaw dropped ...

lol thanks Mike

That rack and pinion actually works? You totally amaze me with your innovation and skill.

There aren't adequate words in the English language to describe this Bill. I could make some up but they still wouldn't do it justice. You have raised the bar to the upper reaches of the statosphere.

hey Brad, really appreciate it man, love your work too bro!!

Looks at pictures ,,,,,, jaw hits desk,,,, nuff said

Are really going to put a body on over this and cover it all up ? Why ?

lol yea Bill I guess I'm gonna cover it up, I will have lots of pics of the chassis when I show it, thanks so much

Ditto on that first bit, the detial so far is just mind blowing. As it is right now I think it would win every single contest for the next 50 years. It will be a sight to behold when it's finished and I'm looking foward to it.

you are to kind Jonathan, thank you

That chassis is a piece of art in itself. Absolutely Amazing!

thank you Paul

I have no words to describe this level of awesomeness. Great Job!

thanks Riley

Holy Friggin BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH.

I think thats good? lol thanks Trent

This model is freaking amazing! Your craftsmanship is outstanding and makes this a joy to check in with once and a while. I am going to steal your steering rack idea and modify it for 3D printing as it is close to what I need to do for my Atom, thanks for the inspiration

hi Norm, thats cool about the rack, the 3D car is awesome!!!

Wow Bill, your machine work is just awesome!

thanks so much Nick!

That chassis is amazing! Your skills with metal are extremely impressive.

thank you Billy

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!

I appreciate it Ira

you have got to be kidding me ,, that is totaly insane workmanship . this goes beyond impressive !!

welcome to the forum Anne, thanks so much

its too bad he can't fine a clear bodyof a 71 cuda for it ;Its a model by its self

thanks Todd