Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford Stock Car

Hello People , i would like some info , I am going to build a 40 Ford Sedan Stock Car and i want to go totaly extreme on detail , like overboard detail , do any of you have pics of such a car showing interior detail just to get some very cool ideas , such as full tanks, instrument panel , clutch , brake and gas , you know the total works ,, Thanks , BTW if i am breaking any rules i am sorry . first time post for me ,

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, if you don't already know about it, there are some pretty knowledgeable folks over at Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forum. Here's a link to some '39 Ford stuff, and though the majority of the forum subjects are later than the period I think you're after, with a little searching, I'm sure you can find at least some of what you're looking for there, plus more links.

http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?p=277356&sid=63f54546b714e4440389781dd741dbad

And racing historian Greg Fielden's book:

NASCAR, The Complete History is an updated edition of Consumer Guide s NASCAR Chronicle, a comprehensive pictorial history of American stock car racing from its moonshine-running roots to today s multibillion-dollar industry. The colorful, action-packed story is told the only way it can be told: with the full cooperation of the sport s sanctioning body, the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR). The 564-page book features historic photos from NASCAR s unmatched collection, as well as rich stories about the characters, the cars, and the racetracks.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy