Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slixx - decals , just as an FYI

This is not intended to bash the product in any way shape or form as I honestly feel the issues I am having is due to the age of the decals

BUT,

I've been buying Slixx decals off an on for the last 10 plus years in hopes to use them all someday.

Well, in an attempt to prep and finish some bodies this spring for builds this fall. ( with 1-1 show car season I don't get much model bench time during the summer)

In the past 2 months I've had 3 different decal sheets give me fits , the last 2 are unusable. All 3 were decals ( so far ) that I've had problems with were bought years ago. All have been stored properly in a magnetic static cling type photo album in a cool and dry place in the house.

I can only summise it's because they are old and have become brittle with age. And I can not get them off the sheet in one piece.

So I can only suggest when you get them , use them . Or wait and buy them when the project is ready or soon will be

I wasn't sure where to post this , so mods fell free to move it where it needs to be