Model Cars Magazine Forum

PEGASUS! Flying Mustang A/G Racer...WIP 3-29-13

Ira

MAKIN' ROOM FOR THE BiG ONES!!!

I'm cutting away more body and undrbody to make room foor the Engines.

I cut about 3/16th of an inch off the both edges of the Underbody including the 2 Fins...

DSCN0546P_zpsf559cccc.jpg

I cut out 2 New Larger Under Fins from sheet plastic...

DSCN0549P_zpsdec80b54.jpg

Here are the New Under Fins glued in place!

DSCN0556P_zps967e7495.jpg

Next I cut out more of the underbody to make room for the Engines.

DSCN0583P_zpsd0ad303f.jpg

I cut a little too much from the body so I put in a 1/4 inch patch.

DSCN0560P_zps10f7ed40.jpg

That should be enough room... B)

Ira .........when I began modeling again 4 years ago........I could not believe how much modeling had evolved......I was also amazed by all the modeling experts.......somebody had told me to look at "Ira`s". website and builds..........I was in total awe.......when I met you in person and saw your builds I was an instant fan........I love your work........you really inspire me.........as a kid I wanted to be a good modeler..........since I have gotten back into modeling.......I am striving to get better........watching you build is a big inspiration........this new model you are building is so brilliant........keep doing what your doing MASTER Ira..........love it!!!!!!!

Ira .........when I began modeling again 4 years ago........I could not believe how much modeling had evolved......I was also amazed by all the modeling experts.......somebody had told me to look at "Ira`s". website and builds..........I was in total awe.......when I met you in person and saw your builds I was an instant fan........I love your work........you really inspire me.........as a kid I wanted to be a good modeler..........since I have gotten back into modeling.......I am striving to get better........watching you build is a big inspiration........this new model you are building is so brilliant........keep doing what your doing MASTER Ira..........love it!!!!!!!

Thanks so much John!

That's about the nicest post I ever got... :wub: it puts a BiG Smile on my face when I read it.

I am very much inspired by your work too John, can't wait to see your next project!

Looking forward to seeing you at NNL West in February!!!

NEED MORE INTAKE!!!

I decided to extend the Intakes so that the front 1/2 inch of the Engines fits inside the Intakes. So I cut some more of the Intakes off the old Jet Model.

DSCN0588P_zpsc4998292.jpg

Next I cut the New Intakes down to fit the Pegasus.

DSCN0590P_zps9ca7983c.jpg

Here it is glued in place.

DSCN0598P_zpsb497428d.jpg

I glued a piece of sheet plastic to the underside of the Intake to finish it off!

DSCN0606P_zpsc4b145c5.jpg

B)

SHAPING THE INTAKES!!!

I have marked the bottoms of the Intakes for Cutting. I will cut along these lines with a razor saw.

DSCN0608P_zpsc0897d32.jpg

After cutting I glued these two pieces of plastic over the cut areas.

DSCN0613P_zpsb3d1365a.jpg

Then I carved the plastic down to the shape of the Intake using a Dremel Tool and sanded it smooth & even with a Fileboard.

DSCN0615P_zps9ffc4f82.jpg

Next I cut the bottom of the Intakes and did the same thing to the bottoms. Then I did the same thing again to the sides...

DSCN0618P_zps27d6e12a.jpg

Here are the Intakes with all four sides done!

DSCN0621P_zps9bd68be3.jpg

B)