Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C900 JPS team truck

I see that others are also posting team trucks. I built the AMT C900 tractor as a JPS team truck, got plans for the AMT City Transporter trailer to go behind it but that has been a WIP for 3 years now :mellow:

Started this build in 2010 and finished it in 2011. Had to strip and repaint the cab 3 or 4 times as the paint bled under the maskingtape and also the paint came off with the tape at some point.

But I did finish it at last.

Put some interior details in it, maps, magazines and a sleepingbag and lunchbox. Made a roofrack for it. The fit on this kit was not very good. Had to use my Dremel to take out material to get the interior and the glass to fit without sticking out under the bottom of the cab.

The last picture show the trailer that will one day fit behind this.

P1070411.jpgP1070412.jpgP1070410.jpgP1070415.jpgDSC01506.jpgP1100753_zps489c40c2.jpg

Thank you very much, yes I will post a thread on the trailer when I'm in the mood to start on that again. The trailer was part of a stash of models I bought from a guy that had stopped modelling. It was only the chassis and he had made new sides for it from balsa, problem was the balsa was 2mm thick. I decided to make a team trailer out of it by making closed sides, front and opening tailgate from sheet styrene. The last I did was start on the interior work, made some steps for a door that is going on the lefthand side. But lost the glow for it then, will pick it up sometime in the future. Will offcourse be black and gold with JPS logos on the side. Luckily JPS logos are readily available on Ebay in many scales. The ones I got are for 1:10 and 1:18 plus 1:20.

Just an FYI- JPS was a cigarette sponsor ( the good old cigarette and alcohol advertisers ) with the black and gold scheme on their advertising before Smokey and the Bandit (1977) and the Dodge warlock (1976 -79). The Lotus had the JPS 'gold leaf' scheme in 1968 and going to the player special black/gold in 1972. so the Lotus was the originator of the black/gold scheme in the 70's

greg

Thak you very much for the comments guys :)

I don't know if any team sponsored by JPS ever used a C-series Ford truck. This was purely an idea I had. But I can't say for sure because there have been JPS livery on many a racecar back in the day. Some of the decals I used for this project are acctually to be used on a 1:18 model of a BMW 6-series.

I just did it this way because I have always thought that the JPS livery with black and gold looks cool :)