Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/12 scale ENZO with upcoming Scale Motorsport decal set

David Thibodeau

Completed this one last night and tried to wait till the sun was not too overbearing so I could get some decent outside pictures.

This car is AWESOME.... The kit is probably one of the best that Tamiya has ever produced. There is NOTHING added to the car other than the Scale Motorsport decal set. Keep in mind the decal set is for all the exterior panels only. I made templates myself for the Engine compartment, and all interior panels. The body panels, rear engine cover shroud, and inner door panels were clearcoated with OMNI two part urethane clear and carefully polished out. All other CF surfaces were cleared with FUTURE floor wax either through the airbrush or by paintbrush. I hope you like it!!

And thse wondering how it looks all closed up? It looks GOOD... Not perfect, Tamiya tolerances are very minimal even on the 1/12 kits. The doors fit real tight lik the 1/24 kit. And why close them anyways and hide that interior! :)

Any questions please ask away. It will see its first debute at the IHOBBY Expo in Cleveland at the Scale Motorsport Booth from Oct 11-14. I am hoping I make it to NNL EAST this year in April as Matt Wells will be there so I can enter it into the main exhibit Gym.

Thanks!

P1010573-vi.jpg

P1010574-vi.jpg

P1010575-vi.jpg

P1010577-vi.jpg

P1010576-vi.jpg

P1010578-vi.jpg

Few more pics.

P1010579-vi.jpg

P1010580-vi.jpg

P1010581-vi.jpg

P1010582-vi.jpg

P1010584-vi.jpg

This is one of the finest kit builds I have ever seen - a huge achievement. Let me modify that: it is the very best. It should win first place anywhere it's entered. The photos are great, and I assume they're taken outside. I would continue, but I'm speechless.

I hope the moderators will allow this to stay where it is in the Under Glass section, where more people can see it, rather than moving it to Big Boyz. It's that astonishing.

Edited by sjordan2

WOW!!! :blink:

I've never been a huge fan of modern Ferraris, of course they are pretty nice (especially in 1:1), but this one is.... Wow, what else can I say?!?! That is fantastic work with carbon fiber, I can't see any wrinkles on them. I bet there would be a whole lot of them if I were the builder. :lol:

You did fantastic job with this one. I have to pick my jaw from the floor now... ;)

Edited by W-409