Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auslowe Kenworth T904

Looks good Ben, is everything fitting well? I have ordered one too. Want to try to put on an italeri chassis.

Gr Chris

It fits together well. Use etch primer on the resin parts. That's the best tip I've got.

Ben

Lookin' pretty darned good Ben! I like it quite a bit. Spoke wheels are still widely used down under I see. A question about this, when we see 1:1 trucks with shiny rims, are the actual rims made out of aluminum with a cast steel spider, or are the rims just chromed steel?

Lookin' pretty darned good Ben! I like it quite a bit. Spoke wheels are still widely used down under I see. A question about this, when we see 1:1 trucks with shiny rims, are the actual rims made out of aluminum with a cast steel spider, or are the rims just chromed steel?

I don't know. I will have to find out for you. The fuel tanks on trucks are usually aluminium. Disc wheels are aluminium to my knowledge. The spiders are definitely cast. Cheers for the compliment.

Ben

Hi,

Nice looking build. I've got a resin Kenworth cab kicking around in my loft to put together at some point but have shied away from it as its going to take some work to get it looking good.

What did you use to do the grille?

The grill is a combination of photo etch and resin as per the transkit. Cheers

Ben

• 4 weeks later...