Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #44 FINISHED!

That sure looks like Harry's winter car to me- ya know so the Mustang stays nice and clean! IIRC that is the countryside near where Harry lives in Metro CHEE-CA-GO.

Oh, and Bob Turner says this is not model related and blah, blah ,blah, blah! ;):D:lol:

Edited by mikemodeler

The car is a 1970 Monteverdi 375/4 Sedan. There seems to be some disagreement as to the exact model year. All the photos posted at the Monteverdi Museum site are labeled 1970, so that's good enough for me!

http://www.madle.org/emontemus.htm

Who got it right:

Badluck13

carsntrucks4you

MikeMc

trogdor

jaymcminn

maltsr

PatRedmond

Haubenschild

ChrisR

mr chips

Mr. Moparman

Modelmartin

Johnny

MrObsessive

jon cole

Erik Smith

sjordan2

bbsbase

Doh, after Harry said, it's Monteverdi, I remembered the make. I didn't remember, what was the name of that make, so it brought no results for the model, from google. I've seen some Monteverdis, and they are pretty nice cars...

...Well, some of them.

I've seen the coupe Monteverdis before, but this is the first I've seen the four door model. The front end had a very familiar look to it------that's how I was able to zero in on exactly what it was.

Wheels are turning in my mind as I'm trying to figure out what kit is available out there that can be transformed into a model like this.............with somewhat drama free bodywork. ;)

Available with a 426 Hemi Eh?............Hmmm.........

The first picture from the link that shows the Monteverdi 375/4 is not from a 1970 model. It may be from 1974, because the taillights of a Triumph were used by later models.

That's what I thought, but the year ID is all over the place with differences in side markers and wraparound taillights or flush. Most variations here are all listed as 1970.

http://www.madle.org/emontemus.htm