Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up the 2 Olds kits, '77 GMC P/U, and T/A on Friday along with some paint from Model Empire. Got the '69 T/A, I Dream of Jeannie GTO, and the T/A from Joe Dirt from Greenfield News and Hobby today. The other 3 Pontiac's...Hot Wheels and M2 from Wally World on Saturday.IMG_3503.jpgIMG_3502.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

Over the past couple of weeks I picked these up, all but the Chevy were $5.00 and the Chevy was $2.00..

The Truck and Shelby Charger are still in factory baggies and the Paddy Wagon from 1968 has the engine started

but thats it and it's complete. The Chevy has been painted but not assembled.

DSCF5554.jpg

Local yard sale had these two gems. Woman said her husband keeps buying models, then leaving them on the shelf and never building them. Then when they have a yard sale he sells them! :blink: Wierd? YES! Will I go back to every yard sale they have? DUH! :lol:

The Charger Which has no decals will be an out of the box street machine (most likely) but the Challenger is going to become the car of the worlds greatest super secret agent...Archer! :D

Well duh!!! :lol:

I love Acher, great show, but I thought his was an 70's model, or did he have a newer before the Bandit shagged his mom and gave him the old one ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

No models or supplies as I was out of town up north at the cabin for 4 days to clean and shut down for the winter. But, through being the heir to my dad, I acquired his truck which sat up there for about 11 months. Got it retitled, insured, and had the oil changed, as well as the climate control panel replaced, because it shorted out...over $700 worth out of pocket. All that not including gas...over $70 to fill it to drive home and another $73 to fill it back up. Anyway...it's a 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 with the V8. No problems getting home, but it'll need more work...like brakes and maybe some tires. Also a good cleaning inside and out. Won't be driving it much except if it snows which will be coming soon. IMG_3526.jpgIMG_3525.jpg

Edited by The70judgeman

Nice truck Andy, clean it up and get it ready, heard it is going to be a bad winter for you Northerners!

Make sure you start it up and drive a couple of times a week. The worst thing you can do to a vehicle is let it sit- corrosion can start and seals tend to dry out.

They don't make studded snow tires for scooters? :D

Good one Casey. Yeah...funny thing is I hardly ride it, but it already has pretty aggressive tires for a scooter. Think I wasted my money buying it. I'll keep it though.

Nice truck Andy, clean it up and get it ready, heard it is going to be a bad winter for you Northerners!

Make sure you start it up and drive a couple of times a week. The worst thing you can do to a vehicle is let it sit- corrosion can start and seals tend to dry out.

Thanks Mike. Yeah...I'll drive it from time to time. Just glad it made it home with zero problems. Spent more than I wanted to. I had a truck before with a V8...they're just pigs on gas...very thirsty. That's mostly why I got rid of it.

Yesturday the Contracter rebuilding our house gave me the right to salvage anything I wanted from the house, and told use we had to hurry becaus the bulldozers will start leveling it later this week.

My Son and dauughter went over this morning and took a bunch of cleaning supplies including mold killer and cleaner, and Gluves and Breathing masks and got to work! So far they told me they have saved 193 0f my kits, a lot of resin parts and bodies(mostly from R&MoM), 4 plastic drawer cases full of photo/etched parts, ignition& pluming wire, One of my Talon Airbrushes, they couldn't tell me if it was the gravity feed or the siphon feed, so i'll just have to wait and see it myself, they weren't able to save either of my H1 airbrushes, they did tell me my spraybooth looked ok, but they don't know anything about one so again I will have to wait and check it out myself, niether of my two comprssers survied, my son said they were able to save a bunch of pliers, tweezers, scissors, razer saw blades and a handle, files, jeweller's saw, and a bunch of tools he didn't know the use for, sanding and polishing supplies, paint mixer ( he didn't know what it was until he discibed it to me on the phone, he just knew it had something to do with paints), of course the evercote was ruined, As he put it a bunch of other stuff he didn't know what it was!

I can't wait to see just what I have!

Yesturday the Contracter rebuilding our house gave me the right to salvage anything I wanted from the house, and told use we had to hurry becaus the bulldozers will start leveling it later this week.

My Son and dauughter went over this morning and took a bunch of cleaning supplies including mold killer and cleaner, and Gluves and Breathing masks and got to work! So far they told me they have saved 193 0f my kits, a lot of resin parts and bodies(mostly from R&MoM), 4 plastic drawer cases full of photo/etched parts, ignition& pluming wire, One of my Talon Airbrushes, they couldn't tell me if it was the gravity feed or the siphon feed, so i'll just have to wait and see it myself, they weren't able to save either of my H1 airbrushes, they did tell me my spraybooth looked ok, but they don't know anything about one so again I will have to wait and check it out myself, niether of my two comprssers survied, my son said they were able to save a bunch of pliers, tweezers, scissors, razer saw blades and a handle, files, jeweller's saw, and a bunch of tools he didn't know the use for, sanding and polishing supplies, paint mixer ( he didn't know what it was until he discibed it to me on the phone, he just knew it had something to do with paints), of course the evercote was ruined, As he put it a bunch of other stuff he didn't know what it was!

I can't wait to see just what I have!

Pics? :D

Here are some of the things I picked up this weekend.

53 Caddy, Crown Vic Police Car, 64 1/2 Mustang.

Misc008.jpg

Monogram Exacts.

Misc001.jpg

Semi Tractor and 12 trailers, 4 of each pictured.Time to repaint.

Misc003.jpg

3 Ford Pickups, and some generic cars.

Misc004.jpg

Corrugated sheet plastic. Now I have the fenceing for Reaper Kustoms, for the side yard.

Misc007.jpg

3 Pieces of track to use for making roads.

Misc005.jpg

And finally another reference book.

Misc006.jpg

Not shown are some decals, and other misc items.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...