Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good luck to all in the New England area...

From the weather reports, the New England area is supposed to really get dumped on with a LOT of snow starting tomorrow. Good luck to all of you who live in the affected areas. Just hunker down at your workbenches (in between all that shoveling...!!!) and just ride it out.

I'm in eastern Connecticut 'bout midway between the shore and the Mass line. Looks like we're gonna get a couple of feet here. Got new Goodyear Wranglers on Big Red. (my F-250 4WD with 8' plow) Worked on the snowblower and got that all set. Started my generator and it's running fine. Got 3 five gallon gas cans filled and 2 five gallon cans of deisel for the garage heater all set. Got small propane bottles for my Coleman stove to cook on. Got 4 days cordwood all piled into the house. All set to hunker down and watch the snow. Then tomorrow morning will be out bright and early plowing driveways!

Edited by Terry Sumner

I'm in eastern Connecticut 'bout midway between the shore and the Mass line. Looks like we're gonna get a couple of feet here. Got new Goodyear Wranglers on Big Red. (my F-250 4WD with 8' plow) Worked on the snowblower and got that all set. Started my generator and it's running fine. Got 3 five gallon gas cans filled and 2 five gallon cans of deisel for the garage heater all set. Got small propane bottles for my Coleman stove to cook on. Got 4 days cordwood all piled into the house. All set to hunker down and watch the snow. Then tomorrow morning will be out bright and early plowing driveways!

You're all prepared there .. so. you know, you're getting NOTHING! :lol:

My daughter was born during the last one 35 yrs ago, now that's tough. The biggest issue here is losing power. Out in the rural areas where I am we have'nt upgraded equipment in over 50yrs. That's tough.

Two feet? That's nothin'.

Now, if the power goes out and I can't watch the TV, then I'll be pissed.

Well, it started snowing here about 10 or a little after. So far, not too much. I had to run outside for a couple of minutes to broom up the mess from a branch that fell, and it felt like wet, heavy slush from the coating on the driveway. This is not going to be fun. Fortunately, Dad finally capitulated and agreed to get a working snow-thrower, although, in his fantastically Scottish manner, he got a little electric single-stage instead of something that might actually work. Fortunately, his car is being repaired, so there's one less to work around.

I hope this snow ends up being more light than heavy. With the amount we're getting, anything else is not going to be enjoyable.

Charlie Larkin

My daughter was born during the last one 35 yrs ago, now that's tough. The biggest issue here is losing power. Out in the rural areas where I am we have'nt upgraded equipment in over 50yrs. That's tough.

I wonder how many babies were born exactly 9 months later. :lol::lol::lol:

I remember the big snows we got in Colorado when I lived there...45 inches one time, stayed inside and worked from home for 3 days...stocked up on food and beer before the storm. I still have my snow shovel in my Jeep, though I don't use it much in AZ.. :) But will need it when I move back to a snowy climate...

Edited by Rob Hall