Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya's LaFerrari, new pics, OP

martinfan5

Thanks guys, I checked the price for shipping it's about $14.00 that's not to bad.

I just went to my LHS today to see the price on the La Ferrari kit $91.00 I was speech less, this is one of the reasons hobby shops go out of business, there is not a snow balls chance in hell I would pay that much.

Love my two local plastic pushers, but this is why I buy my Japanese kits FROM Japan (98% from HLJ)...$91? You can buy it direct, and then add in BOTH the Photo-Etch Detail-Up "Set", and the Carbon Fiber Detail-Up "Set" (both are by Tamiya themselves) and still get the kit to your front door for $69 total. Just the kit alone, and it's nearly a $40 difference? Sheesh someone is making a nice profit on that...

Love my two local plastic pushers, but this is why I buy my Japanese kits FROM Japan (98% from HLJ)...$91? You can buy it direct, and then add in BOTH the Photo-Etch Detail-Up "Set", and the Carbon Fiber Detail-Up "Set" (both are by Tamiya themselves) and still get the kit to your front door for $69 total. Just the kit alone, and it's nearly a $40 difference? Sheesh someone is making a nice profit on that...

I need to get into the import/export business I think :lol:

That $40 difference could buy you up to three kits from HLJ

Speaking of the kit, FedEx currently has mine along with a few more and will be here on Tuesday, I did not get the P/E or decal set, I will get it when I decided I am going to build it

You're going to have to play a solo version of FedEx flight tracker, as mine is still hanging out waiting on further Italian Super Cars to be released before years end before shipping a massive box which would have 11 models in it this go around once everything comes in stock.

You're going to have to play a solo version of FedEx flight tracker, as mine is still hanging out waiting on further Italian Super Cars to be released before years end before shipping a massive box which would have 11 models in it this go around once everything comes in stock.

Well depending, I might have another shipment ready when you are , just like you , I am waiting on the Italian Super Cars to be released , You pre ordered the Lambo Veneno right ?

Yeah both the forthcoming Fujimi and Aoshima Lambos.

Yes, same here..waiting on those and the January restock of the Aoshima 430 gen Gloria and Cedric. Also waiting on the new Aoshima wheel sets that are supposedly coming this month. I noticed over the weekend that there are 4 more Aoshima new wheel sets coming in Feb, couple of those look interesting.

Bar any HLJ shipments, I think I'm done w/ new kits for the year except for the RoG VW van.

Edited by Rob Hall

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought mine in sacramento calif at rc hobbies and it was $79.00.Really nice kit.I hope it goes together as good as it looks.

I hate to tell you this but you over paid, by about $26, you could of bought the kit direct from Japan, and even using the most expensive shipping (FedEx 2-5 days) you would of paid $60.22, cheapest would of cost you $51

I wonder how the revell one will be compared to tamiya? Looking foreward to starting my laferrari in the next couple of days. I've just worked out how to airbrush so hopefully it works out.

Ben

Edited by Bennyg

I wonder how the revell one will be compared to tamiya? Looking foreward to starting my laferrari in the next couple of days. I've just worked out how to airbrush so hopefully it works out.

Ben

If it is like the Enzo, likely less finicky to build but with less opening parts. I have my Tamiya LaFerraris en route from HLJ as the extra parts I was waiting on finally arrived.