Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova outlaw prostreet Finished (09/02/12)

tyrone

Ok, so just to make sure, this build consists of the 69 Revell Nova kit, the Revell Chi-town Hustler and the 55 Chevy Pro Sportsman kits? Man... $60 just in Kits... how many of these kits do you have laying around?

I take it then for the Motor you are using the Ross Gibson Sonny's Mountain Thunder motor or one of the Semi Hemi's all to the hilt with NOS then?

Bart. this build only consists of 2 kits, the 55 pro sportsman, and the yenko nova, the rear wheels on this one are from the olds cutlass prostock reissue, the front wheels are pro track wheels, these are just being used for mock ups right now.. not sure on what wheels I'm gonna go with yet.. and I'm gonna use the kit engine but I'll dress it all up, and throw some pro tech demons on it... Well one door skin down one to go....

014-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Tyrone... man this build is off the charts. I sure have missed alot here. You sure have all of these pro mods down that for sure. I need to take notes for when I do my 1/16th scale pro mod build. I do have to ask you where did you get the front rims. they look like they are aluminum and look great too. Keep up the awesome work on this and I look forward to your next update.

alright fellas I've been working on the body mostly. I've got the door panels finished up, I added the moldings for the vinyl top, and I made a cowl hood from sheet styrene and fitted the hood scoop from flashpoint, thanks for looking and comments welcome....

001-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

Rom. This is my 68 backhalf camaro,...

T-DOG.jpg

I Knew that was your car in the profile pic, And I see youve been here to Cali with it too. I raced on that track once apon a time. maybe next time your down this way I can come out and watch you run. Thx for the pics buddy

Thanks fellas I really appreciate it, this one has grown on me too.... I'm not sure on a color yet but it will have the black yenko stripes and black wheels, I'm open for ideas on the paint though kind of wanted to go with a factory color offered on these....

Rom, I've never been out west,, mainly my home track Carolina Dragway in Jackson SC. and Orangeburg Dragstrip in SC also.... the pic was taken at Carolina Dragway...

Oh my bad the track looks like terminal Island drag strip, well guess I shoulda looked at the south carolina tag on the pic LOL! i must be gettin old :(