Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 66 Nova Outlaw build

Slammed1

Ultimate plans call for a twin turbo big block chevy with interior mounted intercooler and piping and bull horn exhaust behind the frt tires. Been talking with Ted about his turbos cause my scratchbuilt ones are taking too long.

image_zps9c7b7d4c.jpg

Edited by Slammed1

Will add a low profile flat rear wing,small frt spoiler,twin parachutes on back,lots of interior plumbing and much engine plumbing when turbos are here. The rear tires are tall but skinny so its a sort of 10.5 Outlaw class car.

Thanks guys,Its been a slow project but is paying off especially when I see the paint and how well it laid down and wont get too much cut and polish.

Still working on a powerplant so I can get a engine block and trans mounted and start the huge task of twin turbo plumbing.

Unfortunately there arent many sources for 1/18 parts but there are a little around. Using parts and pieces from other cars is basically the way to get parts wanted but at times the parts you need are from a more expensive more detailed car and that makes it tough.

There were manufacturers of wheel and tire sets for a while but quite a few companies have went under. Scouring ebay is usually where parts or parts cars are found.

I do alot of scratch building and modifying so I use stryrene sheet and tubing and such.

I want to resin cast some parts like Turbos,intercoolers and such but I am not to that stage of modding yet.