Model Cars Magazine Forum

GMC Astro AMT 1:25

One thing to remember, the cab, when installed as per the instructions sits way too high. When the cab is lowered though, the kit grill will interfere with the bumper when the cab is tilted. The Photo etch kit will correct this.

Hi all... Here are some new photos of my ,,working" on theme GMC Astro. The tanks, batterybox, and some rust are ready.

The b.box is not placed, yet. Because I don´t know what says interior and exhaust connection with engine. thanx for looking. Pavel

Edited by Pavel A.

Hi all, how I promised here are some photos from the work with PE parts from Czech truck model. This is my firts try with PE parts. I feared that this work will be hard for me.

I must to talk that it was very nice and not so hard work. The great helper is bender tool for me... Exellent is that man can polish this parts.

By the cutting off the parts from planchette is very good to used something hard like the underbase. For example some square of glass or I used smooth ceramic tile...

So, if you have some questions.....

Edited by Pavel A.

Yes truckabilly, you're right. It is possible to "assemble" it without some special tools, but it is more easier with it. And I think this bender from mr.šrám is very good in this price level (about 20 eur). And I'm glad that my first contact with PE is quite positive...It's a very good skill for me. Pavel.

Hello,

Some new photos from my project. Followed a work with next PE parts, Concrete "raindrops protectors" on exhauts. It´s mounted together from 3 parts.

It is suggest to mount on tube of 4.8mm diameter. Unfortunately i had only 5mm. But it´s in norm, Installation without some bigger problem.

After than I airbrushed in blac, as a base colour for alclad chroming.

Edited by Pavel A.

Hi...

Here is some new photos from "making of exhauts". Today were some terrible day - my work with alclad is no good. Alcladed are also some PE parts such as footrests on tanks.

Edited by Pavel A.

Short update. I used PE parts from CTM: hose clamps on intake and "tear drop plate" on steps plates. As wire is used welding wire, I think 0,6mm it is (maybe 0,8mm). It is with cooper coating. after the sending (sandpaper 800-1000) it is polished like chrome.

Edited by Pavel A.

Hi all. Here is new update. The cab is in colour now. The scheme is gloss white and solidmat red. It´s under my idea. After dryof colours will follow Superclear III.

There are also new some parts in alclad chrome.

Edited by Pavel A.