Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP Revell Mustang GT 2006

ericmaxman

Hi guys.

My godmother got me this kit and another few more. Well, since it is a US Muscle car, my local hobby forum does not have any good reference for this baby. So far, let's see. I have done 1%, as I want it to turn up 99.999% perfect. I still haven't decided on what color will it be, but chances are it will be silver. Rims will be resprayed black. No stripe decals. I am currently planning. Haha. Anyway, I am starting work on this one really really soon. I will do the engine bay and chassis first. I managed to find some rather good 06 Mustang GT pictures off eBay, but I am deciding o how would the colors be. Say for example, the manual states that some parts of the car is in "satin black". Since the plastic is molded in black, can I get away without painting it? And the engine bay, would it be better to be body color or just black? :lol:;)

im working on this kit too, except im waiting till i can order a ross gibson engine and a set of drag wheels to finish it (im making a funny car)

you said you wanted it to be 99.9% perfect, well if you need any help getting all the details perfect tell me, i own a 2007 mustang and i should be able to get you any exact details you need from my 1:1

im working on this kit too, except im waiting till i can order a ross gibson engine and a set of drag wheels to finish it (im making a funny car)

you said you wanted it to be 99.9% perfect, well if you need any help getting all the details perfect tell me, i own a 2007 mustang and i should be able to get you any exact details you need from my 1:1

Thanks. By the way, the piece on the front grille, should I leave it as it is, or should I spray it black? It is already black, though.

Here are some progress. Managed to finish the engine today. Took me quite some time. Now the annoying bit, the manual and the actual parts.

DSC01255.jpg

Here, the actual piece and the one mentioned in the manual does not fit. What can I do?

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01257.jpg

Some engine pictures.

DSC01258.jpg

Brakes.

Edited by ericmaxman

Here are some progress. Managed to finish the engine today. Took me quite some time. Now the annoying bit, the manual and the actual parts.

DSC01255.jpg

Here, the actual piece and the one mentioned in the manual does not fit. What can I do?

The rear torsion arm in my kit looks like the one in the directions and it fit my model just fine; it attaches to the left/rear part of the rear axle assembly which isn't shown in the diagram above. It glues right behind the left rear trailing arm. The other parts attach to the chassis exactly as shown in the diagram. Did you cut off the mounting pins?

Okie. Some updates. Body has been sprayed. And drying. Chassis is 80% done. Left the clear coat + interior details. But I need some help regarding the underside of the bonnet. How does it look like? I have no idea as I have never actually seen one before. <_<

Here is the semi completed body.

DSCN0032.jpg

Edited by ericmaxman