Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 F-1. Mild Kustom

Robert81

I haven't posted this build over here.

This in going to tow my 56 Ford Victoria Gasser.

I started with the Revell 50 Ford F-1.

Picture138.jpg

I did a axle flip front and rear, to get it really low.

Picture177.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Picture175.jpg

Is this low enough for yah?

Picture170.jpg

More to come.

After working on the chassis, I chopped the top.

Picture172.jpg

Picture176.jpg

Picture179.jpg

Picture180.jpg

Picture182.jpg

I filled the "Nostrils", bobbed the frame horns, and filled the hole, and seems.

It still needs some putty work to get it smooth.

Picture191.jpg

I decided to use the front turn signals from the AMT 49 Mercury as taillights.

Picture189.jpg

This is how it sits at the moment.

Picture188.jpg

I hope you like my little hauler, and sdrodder gets a little inspiration for his Kustom build off.

Edited by Robert81

Dude thanks alot. Now i know how i can make it grind the ground with the air ride set up. Oh and secondly thank you very much for having me drool over the key board again :lol:;) Lookin good. Thanks very much. I just dont know what i am going to do bout the grill but i hear the parts box calling :rolleyes: . Thanks again and i will work on mine now. Oh how is the gasser. I recon done.

I like it- I have one of these kits kicking around that was in the F-Series 50th anniversary set (along with a '98 F-150). I like the work you did on the suspension to relieve the nosebleed ride height. Looking good.

After working on the chassis, I chopped the top.

Picture172.jpg

Picture176.jpg

Picture179.jpg

Picture180.jpg

Picture182.jpg

I filled the "Nostrils", bobbed the frame horns, and filled the hole, and seems.

It still needs some putty work to get it smooth.

Picture191.jpg

I decided to use the front turn signals from the AMT 49 Mercury as taillights.

Picture189.jpg

This is how it sits at the moment.

Picture188.jpg

I hope you like my little hauler, and sdrodder gets a little inspiration for his Kustom build off.

;)<_<;):o:o:o:o

that is sweet

rob could you help me out realy quick. Could you get me some pics with the rear axel mocked up and with the fender section on it. I need some pics of how much space is between the axel and the floor of the bed. Also need to know how much space is in the front between axel and oil pan. Could you help me. I want to make a air ride suspension. Your stance is how i want it with bag deflated. Any help would be great.

rob could you help me out realy quick. Could you get me some pics with the rear axel mocked up and with the fender section on it. I need some pics of how much space is between the axel and the floor of the bed. Also need to know how much space is in the front between axel and oil pan. Could you help me. I want to make a air ride suspension. Your stance is how i want it with bag deflated. Any help would be great.

Sorry, I didn't get back to you earlier.

The rear axle had the top filed a little to clear the floor. that is very little room, but if i had not told you would you have known? :blink: You'll need to remove the little nub on the underside of the floor, and file the top of the differential cover, too.

Picture193.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Picture195.jpg

As for the front axle to oil pan clearance I did nothing to alter that, the steering linkage may come in contact with the pan, but I have not gotten that far yet. If you use the same axle I used (#207, there are two in this version of the kit) you will need to file the bottom of the springs, to get the wheels to touch the ground.

Picture192.jpg

Picture196.jpg

The chop was not hard, I showed the steps I used above. The glass is straight forward on this one, it is flat for all windows and can easily be replaced with some form of clear styrene. The hard part would be replacing the window trim, if I chose to do it, because it is molded to the kit glass.

Sorry, I didn't get back to you earlier.

The rear axle had the top filed a little to clear the floor. that is very little room, but if i had not told you would you have known? :blink: You'll need to remove the little nub on the underside of the floor, and file the top of the differential cover, too.

Picture193.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Picture195.jpg

As for the front axle to oil pan clearance I did nothing to alter that, the steering linkage may come in contact with the pan, but I have not gotten that far yet. If you use the same axle I used (#207, there are two in this version of the kit) you will need to file the bottom of the springs, to get the wheels to touch the ground.

Picture192.jpg

Picture196.jpg

The chop was not hard, I showed the steps I used above. The glass is straight forward on this one, it is flat for all windows and can easily be replaced with some form of clear styrene. The hard part would be replacing the window trim, if I chose to do it, because it is molded to the kit glass.

Rob thank you very very much. I figured out how to do the hydrolic suspension. I will place it behind the axel so i have more room. Thanks again for gettin the pics so i know how much room i have to work with. Check out the custom build thread so u can see what i did with the rear fenders.