Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cherry Deuce

funhouse1

This was meant to represent something from the '65-'67 era...I suppose it would have been an altered? Anyway, it was a pretty quick build (for me...takes me a week to glue the block halves together) where I didn't sweat the details or accuracy too much. It's the Revell kit with an injected Olds from the Revell Anglia kit, parts box wheels & tires, and 10-year cherry red Duplicolor from a rattle can.

754ab9c05e.jpg

d23083395a.jpg

e017b06c2c.jpg

a951a74007.jpg

Very well done! Looks like something that you would see at a car show as well as on the strip.

WF

Thanks everybody for the comments! And yeah, Walter it's probably more show than go...I almost made it a fictional Mazmanian car. His stuff was always so sanitary, especially his 'vette and that's what I was going for here.

Hi Jack,

Nice clean build, the car kind of looks familiar.

How did the body fit on the frame? Mine was a pita untill I was able to make it sit evenly. Also, did the motor fit OK? I had to change mounts and firewall for the Cadillac motor. I like the idea of the Olds motor in there, looks right!

Michael

Thanks everybody for the comments! And yeah, Walter it's probably more show than go...I almost made it a fictional Mazmanian car. His stuff was always so sanitary, especially his 'vette and that's what I was going for here.

I'd say you achieved your goals then. Again, very nice build, and one that is inspiring me to do something similar. B)

Hi Jack,

Nice clean build, the car kind of looks familiar.

How did the body fit on the frame? Mine was a pita untill I was able to make it sit evenly. Also, did the motor fit OK? I had to change mounts and firewall for the Cadillac motor. I like the idea of the Olds motor in there, looks right!

Michael

Thanks Michael! This is the Revell kit with the black car on the box art, which I think actually represents a modern kit car. Since the frame was set up for a small block Ford, dropping the Olds in it was not a big deal. I do think I had to do a little surgery to go fender less but again, I don't recall it being anything major and I don't remember having to modify the firewall...But then there's a lot of things I don't remember! The thing I would change would be the headers which are sort of dorky looking but I didn't have anything chrome that was suitable.