Model Cars Magazine Forum

are there any group builds in here, any interest?

turbo nova

I never get to enter group build offs but I do have a group that I support and run(sort of)of disabled builders here locally....I find them what I can to work on and help teach them tips/tricks to building there pretty good at it too now...I try to go see them and have a class every week when my body permits to. Hard part is keeping them supplied with kits they love it and it gives them something to do...a reward in itself.

OK, whos in?

Build any strait liner you want, finish date Jan 1 2015

So in other words, just keep building whatever drag models you want between now and Jan 1, business as usual. :unsure:

Without a common theme of some sort, it's not a "group build," IMHO. :unsure:

Edited by Snake45

So in other words, just keep building whatever drag models you want between now and Jan 1, business as usual. :unsure:

Without a common theme of some sort, it's not a "group build," IMHO. :unsure:

I agree.

And I think the deadline on January 1st is really odd. I mean that there are only few builders who can build something from start to finish in that time. I know I'm not one of them though. I'd like to take part in a Community Build too if it had a good theme and a possible deadline.

Nothing is stopping anyone from starting their own group build with their own criteria. People who want to participate will, people who don't won't.

Trying to comitte plan a group build will never work because everyone will want something different. So start a group build thread with your criteria and let those who want to do it do it.

The fun (for me anyway) of a group build is to follow others projects and try to keep motivated on my own entry.

So build any drag racer you want, but you better get going and plan carefully because Jan 1 is going to come quick!

Edited by kalbert