Model Cars Magazine Forum

crowded workbench

CB

Greetings comrades,

since I discovered this here forum, and specially them 'BIG BOYZ', and going totally outa my gourd seeing all the incrediburgable models built by all ya'll, I just keep starting more and more projex--I didn't think I'd be goin back to 1/25, but I found a 49Murky I had stashed and couldn't control myself. Went shopping one day and found an Allison engine, something I wanted all my childhood, but never got. Then I found a 32 Ford coupe! and now I'm wanting a 34--real bad. And to top it all off, I wanta do artwork of these here models, so I get 'em mocked up, shoot pix, and start drawing. Part of the process, but it sure do delay the finish. Hey! I aint complaining ;) just trying to get my butt back to the w'bench.

Later all, happy building ;)

Only one of the Scratchbuildin’ Big Boyz can sculpt free-form with a big honker of a belt sander!

I hafta say, as an aspiring member of the realist school the Murkypanel pushes my button – your eye for scale and proportion (I’m not kidding) shows on this one – you gotta see this one through, even if it’s in one-twenny-five...

On the other hand, Finky Rod plays the proportion card a whole other way – perhaps an odd choice of words, but it’s lovely! I’m reminded that Ed Roth worked in plaster and both sides of his 1:1’s rarely matched – and nobody gave a ######!

Looking forward to a build that splits the difference!

Hey Gents, thanx for the kind words and encouragemints ;) Lookin forward to them times with the MurkyPanel, but my real passion is the scratchin'. The scratchy finky rod started out as a mucho more simpler build than it seems to be morphing into :o , but I'm diggin' it! Not sure yet if'n it's gonna have a 'driver', and it may be a 'little old lady' driver at that, but I can always make it so's the driver can be yanked :P .

Thanx fer likin' the 49r and fer encouraging me to see it thru at this wee scale ;) .............hey! I'm a scratcher! no reason I can't build a big 4Niner in say-- 1:8 scale?-- whoa, hafta reinforce the floors for dat! :P

Later, ######'n