Model Cars Magazine Forum

1941 Plymouth Pick up

I call this car done ;)

februar_2011_059.jpg

Wow, there's alot to talk about here!

First of all, AMAZING build. The weathering is superb! The picture above could pass for an actual car with the right background. Aside from the body weathering, look at the warped, swelled, splintered, and weathered wood for the bed. Look at it.... Wow. A how to is in order!

When ever a build catches my attention, I stop looking at the flash and look for the details. This has them all. Look at the thin, weathered moldings. Or the dull & rusty hood trim & grill. While a few bumps and dents would put it over the top, this is one of the nicer weathered vehicles I've seen. And the engine detailing is perfect. No flash or billet or P.E. Just enough metal to make it functional. Nice and subtle, like it would actually look.

Thor, your peers have spoken. Please share some of your techniques with us. Or better yet, share them with Gregg. You have a talent that should be a feature story.

Awesome skills Dude!

Edited by FASTBACK340

Hi

First of all, Thank you for very nice words. :)

I don`t think i can do a tutorial on this because it`s my first ever try on weathering a vehicle :lol:

But i can try to explain what i`ve done, i tried different tech`s along the way to the finished model.

First i laid a basecoat of red primer and then the base color.I then applied the decals and covered the model in Tamiya flat clear.

I first tried to sand the color coat in random spots on the body to try and copy the sun burned look of a vehcile left out in the dessert sun.

But that didn`t work so i tried the technique with acrylics and sponge. I used different colors for this, burnt umber, sienna, black and ochre.

That worked alot better i think and i did go further with the weathering using weathering kit from tamiya creating streaks and runs of rust build up over years

Also covering the varius steps in flat clear to seal the finish.

I did alot of searching on the net and forums of different technics

I did use calks to reproduce dust both inside and outside

There is possible much more to write and explain but i`m not very good at explaining what i do and my english isn`t the best either :D , but i`ll try to take pics of my next wheatering project.

just ask if you need to know a specific thing and i`ll try to answer the best i can

Thor

I don`t think i can do a tutorial on this because it`s my first ever try on weathering a vehicle B)

Thor

........... first time? scared.gif

Dude, you rock! Great first time effort! I'll definitely be looking forward to more of your work. Awesome...absolutely awesome.

• 3 weeks later...