Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Camaro SS/RS Convertible

Nick Winter

As I mentioned in the build Topic (A tale of 3 Camaro's) I'm building these 3 '69 Camaro's for a show that a friends puts together in Hamilton, Ontario, HeritageCon7 at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, we got talking one night and next thing we knew we were having a group build and a group Display at the show.

This kit is the MPC (Has been released under the AMT name by RC2 throughout the late 90's early 00's), to say the least the kit is rough.

I based my car on the Brochure car. I will put on the appropriate plates later on and I think I may have a set of Ski's and Poles to put on the trunk.

Anyway this is my first for 2013, also have a '57 Chevy nearly finished, so this year I'm off to a great start.

GEDC4179.jpg

chevrolet_camaro_ss_convertible_white_19GEDC4167.jpg

GEDC4169.jpg

GEDC4172.jpg

GEDC4173.jpg

GEDC4175.jpg

with my 3rd place winning AMT '67 Z28

GEDC4176.jpg

Nick

Edited by Nick Winter

Thanks guys

Beautiful Camaro! I love the color scheme and the dog dish hubcaps.

I have one of these in the stash. What were the problem areas I need to look out for?

Sink marks, they are basically every where on the front sections of the front fenders, theres a sink mark in the trunk, the bumpers are ill fitting, the chassis in mine was warped, the glass in mine was warped a bit too, the hood didn't fit right, the hood doesn't sit right no matter what you slice or trim, the grille has a huge space down one side when it is fitted, wheel base is off. I think thats it, oh and lots of flash.

Nick