Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT ERTL triple car kit questions

I got a AMT/ERTL triple car kit many many moons ago. Inside are two lambos and a dodge viper. I'm an american muscle car guy so it is just collecting dust mostly. There have been a couple half hearted attempts to build the lambos but they don't tickle my fancy parts have been plundered or lost on the lambo. The viper is still all sealed up in it's bags. My first question is were these kits only sold in this 3 car package or were these

three cars sold individually also? I'm not sure I haven't investigated but is this the first year viper? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I debated putting it in the review section

I'm not sure I haven't investigated but is this the first year viper? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I debated putting it in the review section

This is the correct place to ask questions. :)

As for the Viper, hard to say without a pic, but the early Vipers had the three-spoke "slicer" wheels.

I do believe the Viper in that set is a 92 aka First year or Proto-type from Just before sales started.

Most of these sets were simply leftovers stuffed into a larger box.

Some of the sets have a flag on them stated that one of the 3 kits is Exclusive to that set.

The SnapFast set is one example. The 66 Fairlane GT/GTA Promo Was only offered as a Kit in that set.

I have that one myself!

There were several from AMT Hot Trucks, Classic Fords 57 T-Bird & Fairlane 500 + 63 Galaxie Sportsroof,

Classic Chevy's 58, 63 & 64 Impala's, another Chev set with 64, & 67 Impals, plus a third I forget.

idk if all these types of kits are like this but the countach is half a step over a snap kit very basic at like 50 parts if that. The diablo is a number two kit and the viper is close to a 3 kit. IMG502.jpg So your saying the Countach was exclusive to this round of kits. but was released later during a different run?

Actually, the Cannonball Run was Before this box. But, Yes, after being an Exclusive in

one of these, a kit could, and most often Was, re-issued.

Look at the Classic Fords set. 57 T-Bird & Fairlane, and 63 Galaxie. T belileve the Galaxie was the Exclusive, but it was re-issued shortly there after in the Buyer's Choice, Millennium, and Nostalgia series!!

The 68 Road Runner was the Exclusive in the Muscle car set (I believe that was the one)

******{Correction GTO is shown as Exclusive}*****

and it too was re-issued later in the Millennium series.

As far as I remember, only the Countach, and SnapFast 66 GT/GTA were Not re-issued after those sets.

Edited by Edsel-Dan