Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 427 Cobra reissue - anyone gotten one?

GirchyGirchy

The non-photo-etched wire wheels in the kit are actually not that bad for plastic. What has been lacking from all the Revell/Monogram 427 Cobra kits are inner front fender / engine compartment liners. Both the AMT 289 Cobra and Fujimi 427 Cobras have them. I have been planning to make templates from the Fujimi kit so I can make some up for my next R/M 427 Cobra build. The engine compartment cannot look right without them.

So is this kit based on this Monogram kit?

FCMAOpenissaVaihointmn.jpg

If it is, the kit is really great. And if it is based on that kit, I hope there's the convertible top included. Wheels are very nice in that kit, it turns out really nice build.

Here's my effort, not the best in the world, but I'm happy with it.

P6280460.jpg

66Cobra427b.jpg

The Baldwin kit is releated to both the street version and the more common race versions. It comes with the helibrand wheels and scooped hood from the race versions. It also includes the dash, bumpers, dual quad set up and plain valve covers from the street kit. The exhaust, hardtop and windows are unique to this kit and I have not seen them in any other kit yet. Note the street kit has a soft top.

The Baldwin kit is releated to both the street version and the more common race versions. It comes with the helibrand wheels and scooped hood from the race versions. It also includes the dash, bumpers, dual quad set up and plain valve covers from the street kit. The exhaust, hardtop and windows are unique to this kit and I have not seen them in any other kit yet. Note the street kit has a soft top.

Would be nice to see that reissued...I have a couple of the road race versions, but not the drag one..

• 2 years later...