Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Hey Wayne, I am going to join in here, I am going to be building this, doing it for a group build off on EScale

I have to thank the Chief for selling me the kit ;)

Selling you the kit? I d@#g near GAVE it to you!!!

Boy, did I get taken!

See if I ever sell you anything when you parade your darling little girl around.

Makes us grampa-types lose all common sense!

B)

Selling you the kit? I d@#g near GAVE it to you!!!

Boy, did I get taken!

See if I ever sell you anything when you parade your darling little girl around.

Makes us grampa-types lose all common sense!

B)

And I really appreciateyou selling it to me at the price you did ;):D I think I feel bad for darn near stealing it from you :(

All I know is I am very much screwed when she gets older :lol:

Just wait junior, just wait.

:blink:

G

I know, I am not looking forward to it :lol:

Dan, Wayne, what color should the chassis on the Monaco be painted? body color?, primer with over spray?, I looked it up, but couldnt find anything useful online

Edited by martinfan5

Everything in primer gray but the A arms, and rear end? those are black. IIRC the torsion bars are unpainted as are the leaf springs. There should be some overspray on the edges of the chassis. don't go overboard, these weren't painted by super flexible robots or long armed gorillas.

G

Been working on this, just forget to get the pics posted, almost done with the chassis

hd2.jpg

here is the engine, still have a few things left to do, but I am thinking about just gluing the hood shut to be honest

hd1-1.jpg

and the interior, I should of used a little darker tan, I also switched steering wheels, I took one from a AMT Dodge van and added a the gear shifter and turn signal stalk, not sure if I how they both look

hd4.jpg

And I stripped the chrome, and sprayed the grills with aluminum and then did a wash

hd5.jpg

and the wheels , these are from the 70 Roadrunner kit, so this is posing a challenge, the wheels are 1/24th, the kit is 1/25th, and trying to find a set of tires that will fit the wheels and not be to big on the car .

hd3.jpg

Very cool, I like all the changes and mods you're making.

I'm working on the Gotham City PD version of this kit. It has some issues, overly large wheels, the interior does not seem to fit properly into the body, and then there's the engine bay. *sigh*

Maybe I'll get some pics posted soon.

David G.

OK here are some pics of my Gotham City Police Cruiser!

During an initial test fit, I found the engine bay didn't quite measure up.

304361_481050561917040_718725727_n.jpg

I used some styrene to help fill the gaps.

68013_481070651915031_1707986069_n.jpg

The wheels on this kit are way too wide, but with some trimming and shimming, I managed to get them "tucked".

47149_481051075250322_973976400_n.jpg

Coming along.

483087_481051091916987_556122206_n.jpg

Thanks for looking,

David G.

• 3 weeks later...

Underbody is dark gray, frame rails are black, semi gloss at first, but flat soon after hitting the road. Engine and tranny aluminum, valve covers black. Drive shafts were steel and the rear end was black. Steel springs and a dark dark gray/black gas tank. It was a composite material.

Don't forget the radiator and heater hoses on a LT1 equippied car were light green. Don't worry about plug wires, you cannot see them when the hoods open.

G

Edited by Agent G

Underbody is dark gray, frame rails are black, semi gloss at first, but flat soon after hitting the road. Engine and tranny aluminum, valve covers black. Drive shafts were steel and the rear end was black. Steel springs and a dark dark gray/black gas tank. It was a composite material.

Don't forget the radiator and heater hoses on a LT1 equippied car were light green. Don't worry about plug wires, you cannot see them when the hoods open.

G

Good info G, thank you, so I got the chassis painted right then, still have some work to do on it

Here are some pics

Started with primer on the chassis,

cp2.jpg

then masked of the middle section, and sprayed flat black , and this what it looked like once the tape was removed, I had to touch up a few areas, and the cross member bar had to hand painted.

cp5.jpg

Mock up pic of the engine, painted Krylon matte aluminum then hit with dull coat lacquer , and the valve covers painted FL black , still need to paint the oil pan/tranny bottom

cp3.jpg

and the front and rear suspension piece's , painted matte black

cp4.jpg

and the body, in white primer, mold lines have been removed

cp6.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

The body is getting painted, I am going to sand it with 3600 and then do one final wet coat, the interior has been painted as well, but its a little bit to lite, so I am going to mix up a little darker shade and repaint it. I can show that I have started working on making a new partition

cp2.jpg

and I am going to change the front seats, going to a 45/45 set up, here are the seats, taken from the Impala ss kit, I forgot to paint them

cp1.jpg