Model Cars Magazine Forum

'63 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight

Scale-Master

nice Mark, don't know how you work on these small works of art! have a hard enough time with 24th scale!!

Scale is irrelevant, even the small size is not a problem when you consider all kits have small parts. It’s not like this has an engine. The smallest parts on this one are probably the wipers. I see smaller parts on your 1/24 scale stuff…

Not up to your usual standards. I realize the kit is overly simplified with a very "soft" looking body, poorly done details, lights molded with the body, etc... and I assume you just built this out of the box with no attempt to make it a better model. But not even a shot at getting that rear glass to actually fit?

Yeah, the lightweight coupes are much better looking... But I had no say in the matter regarding this one, it is a replica. And a clunky fragile kit.

"Old Provence Moulage 1/43rd resin kit built OOB."

The rear glass is actually broken. Fortunately the camera angle and reflections hide that problem in the photos. To make it fit would mean making a mold and vac-u-forming a new one. Not worth it with the other issues. The details and proportions are soft, not worth trying to fix this kit.

The proper way to fix it is to build one from a different base kit. The decals were wrong, but I did try to at least get them into the ballpark with a bit of cutting and splicing.

The person I built it for is happy with it, so that is really all that matters at this point...

Edited by Scale-Master