Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first attempt at building

MX4life113

From what I can tell, you are off to a great start.

A suggestion for you...build to your own abilities, but keep building, and keep trying something new or try to refine a technique with each project. Remember, it's a hobby. Build for fun, and you'll be surprised how soon you hone your skills...without trying all that hard!

If you think about it, each attempt (and include the failures) is a step forward. Nobody here is expecting perfection. Even the guys who are the real stars of the hobby will tell you things about their latest builds that they think they could have done better given another chance.

I think this is the perfect time for Billy to chime in with some words of encouragement...a lot of us have watched him evolve from brush paint jobs and no real detailing to some later efforts that are really extrmely well done on a number of levels. Practice, man, and observe!

It's been a very long time, but I'm pretty sure my first build didn't look that good....keep at it, and you will impress many people(including yourself). Learn from your mistakes, and your work will improve with every build. 8)