Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes Actros & Trailer, Now

I finally got something to post.....It's been pretty hot in the garage, lately, but I managed to get one done during a string of overcast days we recently had.....Nothing special....Pretty much out of the box with a deck added.....I've got a trailer going as we speak.....This one is going to be added to my fleet as soon as I get it done.....

084a_zpsc349a621.jpg

085a_zps4ad511a2.jpg

100a_zpsf419a791.jpg

101a_zps5052e31a.jpg

106a_zps236cef93.jpg

Well, I got the trailer done, today....I need to add some sort of logo to it.....Haven't decided what, just yet....I have a few ideas going, but it will take some more thinking, before I commit to one....Hope you guys like it....I like these Euro rigs....They do such a nice job of stuffing so much in such a limited amount of space.....

005a_zpscc587caf.jpg

012a_zps95a3d456.jpg

017a_zpsf7959beb.jpg

020a_zps71b35e23.jpg

120a_zps968a9520.jpg

Edited by Harry P.

Thanks, Guys.....I got the MB from an old Ducati race team kit, and I want to say that it is a '00 or maybe an '01....Not sure what the exact year it really is, but I'm sure it's from that era.....The trailer is the Revell/Germany refer kit.....The decal came from a Man truck/trailer kit.....The yellow one...I don't know what exact kit, but I just never used them....Hope this helps....

Nice work on the Actros and trailer, JT, I built one of these a few years ago and I have noticed that you have a gap between the cab door and the front bumper as well as me. Apart from that, a beautiful job!!

Thanks, Man.....I wasn't sure, either, but I think this is correct....I have a pic, but the part that makes the gap look so prominent is painted the same color as the truck....Something I probably should have researched in the first place, but, you know how it is..I see some other stuff that I missed, too.....Here's a pic of one of the era's MB's, but it's not the exact same truck, so....I really don't know....

MBActrosReferencePic_zps93f7ccd8.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

Nice work on the Actros and trailer, JT, I built one of these a few years ago and I have noticed that you have a gap between the cab door and the front bumper as well as me. Apart from that, a beautiful job!!

Thanks, Man.....I wasn't sure, either, but I think this is correct....I have a pic, but the part that makes the gap look so prominent is painted the same color as the truck....Something I probably should have researched in the first place, but, you know how it is..I see some other stuff that I missed, too.....Here's a pic of one of the era's MB's, but it's not the exact same truck, so....I really don't know....

MBActrosReferencePic_zps93f7ccd8.jpg

Guys,

The kit is the first generation of Mercedes-Benz Actros introdused back in 1997 and won the Truck of the year award the same year.

There where many options for the cab such as daycab, medium, long distance, Megaspace etc.

The kit is the Megaspace cab. The yellow truck JT posted is the long distance cab. Both cabs belong to the same era, both have raised roof, two beds same dashboard and many other parts. We can easyly say that the cab cell is the same but there is a big diference. The Megaspace cab is sitting higher on the chassis than the long distance cab. To make it clear the long distance cab has the big tube on the floor to make clearance for the engine components, but the Megaspace sitting higher has a flat cab floor. That makes a lot of free room in the cab for driver and passenger, its more comfortable and has a smooth ride.

Edit: One of the parts that can really tell you the cab is the front bumper. The front bumper for the Megaspace cab is unique (used only for this cab) and it has 1 lower set of head lights and 1 upper set of possition lights and turn signals and it is clearly higher than the long distace cab bumper.

So for the Megaspace cab, the gap between the lower part of the door -witch also covers the third step- and the bumper is normal to make clearance for the cab to tilt.

Hope that helps.

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas Parchas

Thank you, Kostas....I appreciate the information on this....Oddly, even with the internet, I haven't been able to find much on this truck...And I haven't seen any here in Texas......So, I'm glad that SOMEBODY knows.....'Cause I was sure scratchin' my head on this one.....Thanks, again....And I could use some more pictures of this thing, too, as I have about 5 more of these that I haven't built, yet..... :D

Edited by kilrathy10