Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '32 Ford

Junkman

A little progress, layed some paint down on the Phaeton. Tried mixing cheap lacquer with Testors enamel for the first time, man I have been living under a rock for a long time now! This is fantastic! Nice gloss and Quick drying along with easy cleanup. I love it! The Testors cream is a little boreing but, maybe with the orange accents...I don't know yet. Tell me what you think.DSC04070.jpgDSC04071.jpg

By tapeing two exacto blades together I was able to cut my pinstripes from orange decal paper useing part of the graffic. I then applied them to the Phaeton. I also wired for sparkplugs and made a butterfly for the carb. I love the steering on my Roadster so included a pic. DSC04077.jpgDSC04083.jpgDSC04078.jpgDSC04079.jpgDSC04082.jpg

While I was applying the pin stripe decals I broke the windshield post, so had to repair the paint and decided to use the chrome windshield. Next the decals started falling off, so decided to airbrush the stripes on. Also while handeling it the steering wheel post broke and ruined the paint on the dash, so I decided to radius the dash underneath to allow more leg room. Installed mufflers and gas tank. I still love the Phaeton.DSC04088.jpgDSC04091.jpgDSC04092.jpgDSC04094.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this is another ebay rescue...reworked the interior adding bomber seats...wood floor...real mexican blanket on the rear seat...redid the dash..custom shifter...2 copies of ratrod magazine between the seats...wired and plumbed the engine...front grille is from a diecast...enjoy.. B)

32phaetonratrodparking5_zps0f1ad05c.jpg

32phaetonintheshop6_zps616a5696.jpg

32phaetonintheshop5_zps76c8de08.jpg

32phaetonintheshop4_zps84eca2c4.jpg

32phaetonintheshop3_zpsaae1157b.jpg

32phaetonintheshop2_zps1e8f8400.jpg

32phaetonintheshop1_zps38570f04.jpg

32phaetontopview_zpsf12cc25c.jpg

32phaetontopviewdrside1_zps9a153b29.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Just thought I would post some more pictures . Anyone else have anything? Think I remember Ace Garage Guy on another thread looking pretty well done. I'm going to finish up my green one soon and start a new CBP and I guess there is no deadline on this one. I finished another AMT '32 but, didn't post it here do to the non action on this thread. So I am posting a picture of it here now for inspiration. Thought I was done with the Phaeton but, had to change the wheels, so here's the new look. It's also Under Glass. Happy New Year everybody! DSC04159.jpgDSC04160.jpgDSC04166.jpgDSC04171.jpgDSC04175.jpg

DSC04169.jpgDSC04170.jpgDSC04168.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy