Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

How do I get that job? Really- that would be awesome. Not only having a Bumpside kit, but having a Bumpside kit months before anybody else. :rolleyes:

It's a double edge sword for sure. You get to see stuff early......but it comes with other 'duties' .........

I wish they would bring out a bullnose ford (80-87), i have a 80, i know about the quadzilla ford but wish they would bring out a bed for it.

I , too , would love to see a stock 1980-1986 F-100 ! Y'know , one of those years with steel wheels / hubcaps , 2-wheel-drive , fleetside with a flareside option , etc. , etc.

And the option of an inline six (300 I-6) or a small V8 (Windsor ) ; Cruise-O-Matic or "creeper" 4 speed .

He means Smoothside (Non-stepside){Wide-side}. Like Chevy/GM's Fleetside

Fleetside has become the 'Name' we use for that type bed.

Like we say Kleenex for facial tissue(Nose wipes)

Or that Dirty 'G' word when they mean Internet Search

Edited by Edsel-Dan

He means Smoothside (Non-stepside){Wide-side}. Like Chevy/GM's Fleetside

Ford calls the wide-side style bed a 'Styleside', I believe...a marketing term like Flareside or how in the late '60s they called fastbacks 'Sportsroofs'...

Edited by Rob Hall

I , too , would love to see a stock 1980-1986 F-100 ! Y'know , one of those years with steel wheels / hubcaps , 2-wheel-drive , fleetside with a flareside option , etc. , etc.

And the option of an inline six (300 I-6) or a small V8 (Windsor ) ; Cruise-O-Matic or "creeper" 4 speed .

1985F150.jpg1985F1501.jpg

@Tom--that is sweet! Is that in 1:25th using the early '90s AMT longbed w/ the MPC '82 Bronco clip?

Yes, those are the two kits I used. The Bronco supplies hood, front end, wheel well openings, most of the interior, and taillights. This is a model of an actual truck that was destroyed by a fire started by a cigarette in the cab. Too bad, it was a nice truck.

How do I get that job? Really- that would be awesome. Not only having a Bumpside kit, but having a Bumpside kit months before anybody else. :rolleyes:

yeah thatd be great, especially being a ford truck guy. i want a model of a 78 ford f250 like my grandpa has he inherited it from my great grandpa who passed away last year. The dually is my best friend's uncle's truck we used it to move the truck 30 miles. the truck fired right up afterwards. The thing is pretty darn solid for an ohio truck. im mean 1 rust spot on the bed and no holes.

545167_450619261634675_298308084_n.jpg

582268_450620908301177_783920575_n.jpg

yeah thatd be great, especially being a ford truck guy. i want a model of a 78 ford f250 like my grandpa has he inherited it from my great grandpa who passed away last year. The dually is my best friend's uncle's truck we used it to move the truck 30 miles. the truck fired right up afterwards. The thing is pretty darn solid for an ohio truck. im mean 1 rust spot on the bed and no holes.

545167_450619261634675_298308084_n.jpg

582268_450620908301177_783920575_n.jpg

If you can find a Model King Ford kit, it has the parts in it to build it as a 2wd. You would need to re-work the bed sides to replicate the truck in the picture, but it could be done!

Wow! From Dave and Art's posts it looks like things are moving right along. Considering that when they unveiled their intent in Toledo, we all figured the model would be a year out. I'll be buying a bunch of 'em... in fact, no need to sell single kits, just package them as 6 packs! :rolleyes: