Model Cars Magazine Forum

Locating

sonictherevenge

Just got back into scale modeling after a few years, well actually like 10 lol.. I was going to do some Nascar stuff didnt have to be this years. I went to the small hobby shop down the street and they had none. There is a much larger hobby store about 70 miles away that has tons of plastic models. Is Nascar still being sold or would the drive be a waste of time. I can probably buy one offline like ebay but wont one now lol..

Thanks

If you are looking to make a model of the nascar cars of the past few years you might be disappointed as no big company like revell or amt makes them. There are some resin limited productions by smaller companies. But if you are looking to do a 2007-8 or prior to, then you will not have a problem. There are plenty of kits and after market decals. A quick search on google will turn up hundreds. Also ebay is a good start and reference on what's available.

Keep on modelling!!!!!

Not looking for current like the last couple years just not very old.. I found some on Ebay but dont really wont to wait a week or so.. I was laid off for 2 weeks and want something to do. I would get one I orderd online about the time I start back to work lol.. But I'm fine with the 2008 range.. I think I will drive up there tomorrow and see, I need to get some sandpaper and some spray paint anyway..

I posted in the question section about base coat but it is not as active So I am going to post here to. I was going to get away from Gloss enamal and try base, clear coat. My problem is I do not have access to actual auto base paint. Can I use flat paint for the color or even satin maybe then apply the clear, I usually use future for the clear'

Thanks Mike

I don't like enamels either. That smell is too much. When your'e at the shop check out the Tamiya and Testors lacquers (clear coat also) in spraycans. Testors has original colors for muscle cars of the 60s and 70s. Neither one needs a clear coat. Just a good wetsanding with a fine sandpaper and then wax it just like your real car. If you do use clear over the decals be careful as it might atack them. Do very light mist coats.

Hope this helped!

your near Ashville right? Isnt there a store called Ashville diecast there? You might have better luck at Smileys flea market near Fletcher. There will be a swap ett Feb 22 in Salisbury that should have some. I build dirt late model stuff and might have something if your looking for anything or need some cheap kits.

Drew