Carroll Shelby tribute community build.

wgflatliner

Got some more done on this one

fp3.jpg

Some work on the chassis

fp2.jpg

Started working on the interior, flocking is done

fp1.jpg

and here is what I am doing to lower it, you can see how much I cut off on the rear springs, and removed part of the mounting tabs for the front axle

fp4.jpg

fp5.jpg

and stripped the chrome off the wheels

fp6.jpg

I know this CBP has pretty much came to a stop, but I a going to do one, since someone is doing the build I am about to start, might as well do it in here, up next is the 65 Shelby GT 350R , I have already started getting the mold lines removed, I have a few plans, some I am not sure of yet. I want to put a NASCAR ford engine in it, change the wheels and tires, color unsure yet.

I will get pics up when my new camera gets here

Starting this one , my plans for it is to swap motors, I a going to use a NASCAR Ford engine , I want to some Shelby seats from one of the newer Revell Mustangs kits, and do a wheel/tire change, I have had some sets of XS tunning wheels that I have not had anything to use them on, but they are the perfect size for this one. Color, I am think white with blue stripes

Getting the body ready for paint
350b.jpg
chassis getting painted
350c.jpg
and interior
350d.jpg
and here are the seats that I am thinking of using
350e.jpg
the only problem is the head rest makes them to tall , so to solve that problem, cut of the head rest, and fill the hole
350a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have (2) contributions, First is CSX2026 the car that delivered Shelby's first race win with the Cobra and 2nd CSX 2142 Shelby's '63 Le Man entry.

DSCN1750DSCN1762

Edited by afx

Bob,

those aren't bricks, the pictures were taken at the base of a pyramid in Egypt........I'm totally kidding!! :D

But thank yous, to You and Ray for the compliments.

Wow!!! JC the engine bays on Your Cobras are fantastic!!! You've done some Great work.

Yeah!! love them Cobras!!

Bob,

those aren't bricks, the pictures were taken at the base of a pyramid in Egypt........I'm totally kidding!! :D

But thank yous, to You and Ray for the compliments.

Wow!!! JC the engine bays on Your Cobras are fantastic!!! You've done some Great work.

Yeah!! love them Cobras!!

Thanks Roy. The (2) Weber carbureted engine are from Historic Racing Miniatures. The four-barrel carbureted engine in the red Cobra is from Monogram's GT350R kit.

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like a great idea to honour a great contributor to sports cars. This fits very well with the theme of the upcoming Kingston Modelrama contest in Kingston, Ontario, Canada on May 5 - "Rembering Carroll Shelby". Most contests have a collection category - five or more models with a single theme. I've entered a few, "5 convertible sports cars that I will never be allowed to own" and recently a "Mustangs - Then and Now" collection. This last collection consisted of 6 Mustangs, in three pairs, with each pair being an older ('60's) version and a more modern version ('06 to '08).

For the Kingston show I want to enter a diorama/collection of 6 Shelby cars with the same idea - an older version and a modern version. I already have 4 of them built:

Shelby Cobra 427 - built out of the box
ShelbyCobra427_6.jpg

The modern companion - Shelby Series 1 - also built out of the box with the same paint as the Cobra 427

ShelbySeries1_6_.jpg

For the second pair, the older version is the GT350R that raced at 1967 LeMans - lots of body and interior modifications

ShelbyLM67lt2.JPG

and the modern companion is a 2008 GT500 street legal car made to look like a racer

ShelbyMustangGT500_2008_6_.jpg

The final pair I started about a month ago - GT500KR's from the 1968 AMT kit and the 2008 Revell kit. They've both been painted with the same Testors Ferrari red and Alclad dull aluminum stripes.

IMG_2572.jpg

I'll post the final versions once I've completed the last pair.

That's a cool idea building the old and new versions . They all look excellent ! Personally I like the original versions better .

Tip - You need to put your full name either above your location or in your signature line ( forum rules ) .