Model Cars Magazine Forum

STAR MODELS

I, LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE DON'T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF ODERING MODEL STUFF ON THE INTERNET. WELL, I ORDERED <2 separate orders> A COUPLE OF RESIN KITS AND 1 REGULAR KIT <r&r resins> FROM STEVE AT STAR MODELS. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. TRUE TO HIS WORD. I AGREE, IT'S NICE TO TELL PEOPLE OF POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH A VENDOR IT'S ALSO NICE TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE. STEVE, I'LL DEFINITELY BE BUYING MORE BECAUSE OF COOL PRODUCT AND GOOD SERVICE.

THANKS AGAIN

MARTY-"mytricia"-DECATUR , AL.

I must add to the accalodes for Steve Kohler . I bought a kit from him . The body has issues that are smalland tricky to fix . Fintip missing due to air bubble is one of them . And a couple of more small issues . I notified him , a new body

arrived Post Haste . Unfortunatly a carbon copy of the first body . One of the

three purchase need corrected . I will work on these . I was able to make it

acceptable . Not quite what I had expected . I will just consider this Caster's

work for future decisions . I can fix and work with Imperfection . Some issues are just more complicated . Some are Impossible . I did another purchase from Steve since I posted this originally . Two models from the same caster . One is perfect , the other , not so much . I did not contact Steve . I would think he takes me

as a rippoff ! I am indefinably not buying from this particular caster again .

"Bitten by a Dog the first time ; shame on the dog . Bitten by the same dog a

second time ; shame on me . The third time and any beyond ; I'm a Masochistic !"

None of this describes me . Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

While I've bought products from other casters, I have never done business with Star Models, so these testimonials are good to know, thanks.

Just to be clear, Nick, Steve doesn't cast his own parts- he sells stuff by Flintstone, R&R, Hendrix and Aardvark. In additon he sells Model Car Garage and Parts by Parks items, along with his own line of Star Scoops and a pretty good selection of plastic kits.

I have known Steve for close to 20 years... I have bought from him at shows.. I have bought from him on the internet and I have had him attend Swap/Contest that I was the promoter of... Steve is what all cottage industries should model themselfs after... between Steve Kohler, Don Holthaus and Kenny at Bandit Resins are the perfect cottage industry businesses... This of course is just my opinion...

Dan

Gotta give my Kudos to Steve as well. Fast delivery, exceptional communication and he even notified me when a kit I wanted wasn't in stock, then notified me when it was to see if I still wanted it. If all businesses were this customer oriented, dealing with them wouldn't be the hassle it has become.

• 1 month later...

Also gonna throw my support for Steve. I live in Omaha, not too far from him, and Ive talked to him in person multiple times, and bought and sold kits with him. GREAT guy. Superbly knowledgable and truly dedicated to the model car hobby. Ive made him a new sign for his show booth, and feel like Ive made a friend for life in the model car world.

Cant go wrong with Steve and Eddie. Both really good guys.

• 1 year later...

Also gonna throw my support for Steve. I live in Omaha, not too far from him, and Ive talked to him in person multiple times, and bought and sold kits with him. GREAT guy. Superbly knowledgable and truly dedicated to the model car hobby. Ive made him a new sign for his show booth, and feel like Ive made a friend for life in the model car world.

Cant go wrong with Steve and Eddie. Both really good guys.

Hey Joe... do you know Dave Neighbors also.?... I haven't heard or seen him in years... Dan Johnston... by the way ... do I know you?...

I have nothing bad to say about Steve Kohler's servies . Some of his inventory I've been quite unhappy

with . He fixed everytime without hesitation . Yet from the same source , the product was perfect . Not Steve's fault , the Vendor for Steve . He fixed the problems .. God Bless him . Thanx Steve ..

Hey Joe... do you know Dave Neighbors also.?... I haven't heard or seen him in years... Dan Johnston... by the way ... do I know you?...

.......Steve Kohler is my go to 1st guy for all my kit & resin needs. He will go above & beyond to make you happy & his prices & shipping costs & time can't be beat! l have also dealt with Dave Neighbors for hard to find parts (Newtsboneyard.com) ? who sent me a few tools & supplies free of charge a year ago to help me get back into the hobby. l have spoken to both on the phone at length......Great guys!! Bart.