Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Chrysler 4 door interior

I have an X-EL 1959 Chrysler 4-door promo without an interior.

Does anyone make the original interior in resin? (Modelhaus doesn't)

Or, can anyone suggest a 4-door interior that might work as a starting point?

I'm not overly concerned about complete accuracy so any 4-door suggestions might help. I can't find anything even close in my stash.

Peter, how about the interior out of AMT's '57 Chrysler 300C? The dashes are similar, and of course you'd have to rework the seats to a four door, and to suit the patterns for a '59.

It would take some work, but that's the closest starting point I can think of right now. I know of no one that makes that interior in resin. That's a pretty obscure car these days. ;)

Thanks Bill. I have considered that kit and I have two of them so it might be the best starting point.

I've also considered the 58 Plymouth which I'll never build anyway because of it's slightly wierd body proportions.

Like I said, I'm not that concerned about accuracy and wouldn't bother about seat patterns etc. As long as can get something that fits without Juha Airio-style modification and looks more or less right for the era.