Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any model release rumors going on? Anything remotely that could happen someday?

I saw that, that's clearly a J, and I'm sorta "meh" on that, as while it's an interesting design study, it's just that, a one-off concept. I've much rather have the Roadster first, and have the J be another version down the road. I'm sure the Roadster WILL be forthcoming at some point, but the J isn't as high up my "gotta have that" ladder.

P.S. It really is a Roadster, not a Spyder you guys are killin' me http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.png

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/aventador/lp-700-4-roadster/overview/#!slide/808

I have been reliably informed the teaser shot on their Facebook page was/is a ruse. Of the 2 Supercars they're kitting for this year neither will be the J or Spyder ( Lamborghini ) ;-)

Cheers

I was told by someone that knows someone that also knows someone,that is friends of person that, yep you guess it, knows someone, that is stalking someone that thinks they know something, that really doesn't, but the rumor is there are going to be some new tooled kits being released this year, you can say you read it here first ;)

Just for the record, thats humor, or an attempt at it B)

Edited by martinfan5

I was told by someone that knows someone that also knows someone,that is friends of person that, yep you guess it, knows someone, that is stalking someone that thinks they know something, that really doesn't, but the rumor is there are going to be some new tooled kits being released this year, you can say you read it here first ;)

Just for the record, thats humor, or an attempt at it B)

You better check your sources.

• 2 weeks later...

• From Revell AG

1/24 VW Beetle sedan AND converetible, vintage yet unknown, NEW TOOLS

• VW Van, from Samba Bus tool, MODIFIED REISSUE
  • BMW M3 DTM, NEW TOOL

M-B 300SL-24, 1989 car, REISSUE

Just had my 2013 Catalogue from Revell, and the two Beetles they list are the 1500 1968, which has a parts count of 100, Hasegawa's '67 has a parts count of only 80, so it looks to be a new tooling, the Cabriolet has a parts count of 105, and the Type 2 van, has a parts count of 180, 7 more than their Samba, so it looks like a re-tooling of that, as the Hasegawa version is curbside and doesn't have that many parts to the kit, not sure with the Cabriolet, as I know Revell have done this one before, but I'll be getting the 1500 and might even be tempted with the T2 van.

Edited by GeeBee

Just had my 2013 Catalogue from Revell, and the two Beetles they list are the 1500 1968, which has a parts count of 100,

The old Revell USA Beetle last seen as a "60's Beetle" with the hippy decals is a 68, and has been released as a sedan and a cabrolet, so I'm not holding my breath for a new tool.

The old Revell USA Beetle last seen as a "60's Beetle" with the hippy decals is a 68, and has been released as a sedan and a cabrolet, so I'm not holding my breath for a new tool.

Those were 1/25 scale, while the announcement cites the scale as 1/24, so unless the 1/24 is a typo, I would believe they are new kits, as stated.

Just had my 2013 Catalogue from Revell, and the two Beetles they list are the 1500 1968, which has a parts count of 100,

I'm very happy to be getting a new tool Beetle of any age. Hopefully the kit will be reasonable enough in price to use as a parts car for other VW bodies we currently own. Hoping it won't be too far off in size from the tired old Revell cars.

Still, I'm wondering out loud why nobody has done a split window in 1/24 scale!

I'm very happy to be getting a new tool Beetle of any age. Hopefully the kit will be reasonable enough in price to use as a parts car for other VW bodies we currently own. Hoping it won't be too far off in size from the tired old Revell cars.

Still, I'm wondering out loud why nobody has done a split window in 1/24 scale!

Looks like a split window to me. http://www.revell.com/germany/cars/80-7461.html

I'm very happy to be getting a new tool Beetle of any age. Hopefully the kit will be reasonable enough in price to use as a parts car for other VW bodies we currently own.

Price reasonability or lack there-of is going to be directly attached to whether or not they elect to offer one, both, or neither kit in the North American rebox treatment. Otherwise it'll be $32 or so and a LHS/eBay kind of purchase.

Lemme see, I know quite a few things in the works that I'm not allowed to talk about yet, but here's some nuggets that I think are public knowledge by now -

Moebius - '71 Ford Pickup

Int'l ProStar

56 Chrysler 300B

AMT - numerous re-issues, but a couple that have caught my eye are a "Grumpy" Jenkins boxing of the 66 Nova and an Ohio George version of the '60 Ranchero he won as a prize for winning the '60 Nationals.

MPC - several reissues, the couple that stand out to me are the re-issue of the 71 Mercury Cyclone w/ Donnie Allison/Wood Brothers decals and the Ohio George 67 Mustang Malco Gasser. Oh, and the 71 Dodge Demon seems to have grabbed some interest, not to me personally...

Fujimi has a couple really cool new garage tools sets coming out, stuff like air compressors and shop vacs, diagnostic computers, creepers and roll-abouts, all new contemporary stuff.

We already know what Revell US & Revell AG are going to do in 2013... but as for 2014 or 2015... B) All I'll say is they've got something in the works that will have folks dancing in the streets when it's announced. And that's all I'm going to say. :D

edit - almost forgot - Tamiya - Jagermeister Porsche 934 in 1/24 scale w/ PE

Edited by Brett Barrow

AMT - numerous re-issues, but a couple that have caught my eye are a "Grumpy" Jenkins boxing of the 66 Nova and an Ohio George version of the '60 Ranchero he won as a prize for winning the '60 Nationals.

It will be interesting to see how they modify the '61 Ranchero tool. The only real difference is the grill change from 1960 to 1961. The last issues of the kit had a Chevy V8 from the original '66 Impala kit. I just read up on the Ohio George car and it was a race support vehicle with an original 6 cylinder engine. It was sold at auction in 2009. Let's hope they do it right! Some nice pix in the link below.

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=RW09&CarID=r134&fc=0#

It will be interesting to see how they modify the '61 Ranchero tool. The only real difference is the grill change from 1960 to 1961. The last issues of the kit had a Chevy V8 from the original '66 Impala kit. I just read up on the Ohio George car and it was a race support vehicle with an original 6 cylinder engine. It was sold at auction in 2009. Let's hope they do it right! Some nice pix in the link below.

http://www.rmauctions.com/FeatureCars.cfm?SaleCode=RW09&CarID=r134&fc=0#

It would be nice to see the Ranchero retooled w/ stock wheels and tires...if they can't provide the correct engine, at least make it a curbside..the Chevy V8 made no sense in the previous issue.

Gee, let's see, I think all of the 69 Camaro and 32 Ford variations have (or will have) been covered by 2014, so it must be something REALLY good!

Maybe some long desired new tools? Better start saving my lunch money now!

We already know what Revell US & Revell AG are going to do in 2013... but as for 2014 or 2015... B) All I'll say is they've got something in the works that will have folks dancing in the streets when it's announced. And that's all I'm going to say. :D

Gee, let's see, I think all of the 69 Camaro and 32 Ford variations have (or will have) been covered by 2014, so it must be something REALLY good!

Maybe some long desired new tools? Better start saving my lunch money now!

The 1932 Ford has MANY models left before they 'have done them all'.......They still have 8-10 body styles to go!!!

The few things I know are coming from different manufactures will make many a folk happy for sure.......

The 1932 Ford has MANY models left before they 'have done them all'.......They still have 8-10 body styles to go!!!

The few things I know are coming from different manufactures will make many a folk happy for sure.......

Sure would love some STOCK building options to those '32's, so I see lots of Deuce kits yet to come! Just because you don't like a subject doesn't mean it's not another persons long awated Holy grail kit.

Lemme see here:

Roadster--check

Cabriolet

Sport Coupe

3-window Deluxe coupe--check

5-window standard coupe--check

Phaeton

Convertible Sedan (B-400)

Victoria

Tudor Sedan--check

Fordor Sedan

Station Wagon (requires a pickup radiator shell and hood though!)

Roadster Pickup

Closed Cab Pickup

Closed Cab pickup

Art

Edited by Art Anderson