Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Hiboy W.i.p

geetee66

I think I've been at this since August or September....seems like a long time :)

As this is my 3rd kit, I learnt a few things during the build....like:

1) follow the instructions and don't do things out of sequence!

2) don't use superglue on the windshield

3) wear latex gloves to handle the car after final polish

I scratchbuilt the aircleaner cover, with a flame pattern, to match the grille and steering-wheel.

The paint is Tamiya spray-can Deep Metallic Blue, with gloss clearcoat, topped-off with Klear Floor Polish (Future in the U.S.), which almost looks black in certain light conditions, but sparkles-up nicely when the sun hits it.

I made silver tube exhaust tips, silver chassis bars, front and rear and a silver radiator support as all the kit parts had an obvious seam running down them.

The photoetch is from Model Car Garage and the distributor and coil are from Detail Master.

Anyway. Here are some quick shots I took in a bit of a hurry. I'll take some better ones, once all the bits and pieces are glued-on.

The engine:

IMG_4299.jpg

The body on the chassis:

IMG_4380.jpg

The interior:

IMG_4375.jpg

..and a close-up of the MCG grille:

IMG_4378.jpg

Edited by geetee66

Nice work man!, I'm digging the paint combos, esp since I was planning a similar paint scheme for my "Dohc Deuce" 32 Ford. I think your use of the flame pattern grill is the best i've ever seen! very realistic, and some great detailing on the motor and interior....I'm ready to see some finished shots of this!

Gray

Nicely done!

The wole billet ting is a point in time for te street rod hobby, something that is peraps not 'timeless' but always 'neat'... if restrained.

Your finish work will tell the tale, good luck!

Excellent work. Where did you find the tiny mesh for the air cleaner ?

Thanks for your kind words everyone! It's nice to have my work appreciated :lol:

The fine stainless mesh came from one of those 'plunger' type coffee pots. You might be able to buy the discs of mesh as spares, but this one came from a broken one.

I cut the mesh with a sharp pair of kitchen scissors.

The weather as been rubbish here in London, getting dark at 4pm and grey skies for the whole day. A bit gloomy for nice shots of the finished car. I took some last night and used 4 halogen lamps.

When the sun shines, I'll take a few proper ones, but here are some to be getting on with. Sorry if they're not very good, but I couldn't wait:

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

More once the weather improves and I can get some daylight!

cheers!