Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Take-A-Turn Torino Project

Casey

After much messing with tire sizes I have settled on these. These cars have large wheel openings on the front and they look funny with any of the smaller tires I tried on these rims. These btw are the foose wheels from the 67 R/T kit. The red centres will have the factory Torino center cap applied. This will also be the stance if you guys want to go with what I have done here. post-8987-0-76609100-1386122912_thumb.jppost-8987-0-28616200-1386122944_thumb.jppost-8987-0-27146800-1386122962_thumb.jppost-8987-0-29973800-1386122990_thumb.jp

Gotta agree with everyone else. Those wheels are really nice looking! They look so much better with the recesses painted. I just wish Revell would give the rear wheels a little more off set on their "California Wheels" sets. Are all four the same diameter Fred?

Gotta agree with everyone else. Those wheels are really nice looking! They look so much better with the recesses painted. I just wish Revell would give the rear wheels a little more off set on their "California Wheels" sets. Are all four the same diameter Fred?

Yes they are. I agree the rears could be a little deeper. They give you smaller and larger tires to compensate. The rear tires are too big and they look like they belong on a truck lol. What I did was dig in the stash and use what would be 4 of the provided front tires. So while not ideal they do look good on there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I test fit the disc brakes inside some of the wheel back included with the various Revell CA Wheels type kits ('66 ElCo, '67 Chevelle, etc.) and they should fit fine if we want to use them. I'm not sure if Fred chose a new/different wheel backs to work with the tires shown or if the '67 Chevelle pieces are being used, but either way, I will send the brakes to Carlos when Fred send the project on to him, and if we want to use these, Carlos can do the final fitting:

125brembo1.jpg

Those are nice brakes. I kind of cheated a bit when I used the magnums from the cornet kit. The wheel backs are solid and painted. You can't see the brakes anyway. Chassis is done and car is ready to be sent out minus engine. It is on the bench next. Someone pm me where to send it please. Pics to follow of what I did and how to assemble it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys so work held me up a bit but it's on it's way to Carlos. I am now starting the engine which will be sent later. Here are some pics of it sitting on the suspension. Pic of it in the box and lastly the tracking number that everyone can check if they like. Just go to www.canadapost.ca and enter that number where it tells you to track a package.post-8987-0-30182500-1390518397_thumb.jppost-8987-0-77617300-1390518431_thumb.jppost-8987-0-04762400-1390518494_thumb.jppost-8987-0-60538700-1390518527_thumb.jppost-8987-0-21773500-1390518565_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys it arrived!!! Now it’s my turn but I’m new at this, it is actually my first community build so can someone let me know exactly what I can and can’t do... An what exactly is my responsibility as a part of the build?

You're penciled in to finish the chassis/suspension and exhaust system, though I don't think the wheels and tires should be permanently mounted yet. I think we'll save that step for final assembly. Fred should be able to update us on the wheel and tire fitment and how far along that step is, so we'll wait to hear from him.

Fred still has the engine and is working on it, so I would suggest you leave the forward ends of the exhaust system (where they connect to the exhaust manifolds) loose to allow them to connect once the engine is permanently installed in the chassis. As far I know you should be able to paint and detail the front and rear suspension parts, as well as the exhaust system. I think we'll need to hear from Billy, who is doing the body paintwork, to find out if he needs to paint the chassis/floorpan before you attach the suspension permanently.

Jeff is handling the interior so he is next in line to receive the kit, or if necessary, the interior parts. I can't recall if the interior is a tub or builds up platform style (I think it's the latter), but going forward there is going to be some overlap between the various stages and participants doing the work, so we will need to discuss the specifics right here.