Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your Chevy S10!

Wait, I got 1, but I still have to create it in 1:25 scale, where's the shrink ray? :lol:

sonoma995-1.jpg

sonoma967.jpg

I acually think somebody should build one in this color, because in the sun it looks really good, looks like a couple of different shades, and is one of the lesser colors produced. I also think it would look good on quite a few other cars too lol.

Oh btw, after winter, if I can get a job, I'm lowering it 3/3 and 17in american racing rims if the guy holds onto them for me, for 400 bucks.

edit: If you want the paint code for that color just pm me.

Edited by Jared Roach

Heres the only one i have built so far its the Revell low rider S-10 but it anit so low now i have a few of these kits and do plan on building them several different ways this one was just a quick (for me) build for fun and to try a couple things enjoy the pics amd any and all comments are welcome

Willie

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did any kit manufacture issue a late model S10 3door, extended cab, shortbox stepside? I have a 1:1 2000 S10, but can't find a base kit to work from to replicate it. I see some extended cabs from you, Chris, but no stepsides. Are yours all scratchbuilt?

I'm going to be starting one of these (either the '93 S10 3 n 1 or Syclone...or both) soon (soon as I clear up some benchspace,LOL! :angry: ). Can anyone show me/give me ideas on how to make/modify a frame to make for bagging these?

The ones you guys posted are awesome,BTW :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

• 2 weeks later...

Did any kit manufacture issue a late model S10 3door, extended cab, shortbox stepside? I have a 1:1 2000 S10, but can't find a base kit to work from to replicate it. I see some extended cabs from you, Chris, but no stepsides. Are yours all scratchbuilt?

Perry's resin makes an X Cab. With a little work you could make the 98+ front end, or when it's done, a buddy on another forum is mastering one and it will be casted.

DSCF3381.jpg

Just paid a deposit on this one...

MynewDime1.jpg

96Dime2.jpg

:D

Nice, is it a 2.2 or 4.3? Mines a 4.3 and it's great(higher up in this thread)

Loose the pin stripe, those ugly euro taillights and you've got a cool truck. B)

As for that resin kit, they need to do a 98+ noma front end, and envoy package, because I want to build my truck and I want the envoy lights and bumper, which I will get one day.

Edited by Jared Roach

Thanks,Brother. I'll have to wait on the tax refund next month anyways...but it'll save me much hacking and splicing (not to mention sacrificing of a kit...),which woulda been my first attempt at it on that scale anyways,LMBO! B)

Jared,it's a 4.3L/automatic. The euro tail lights will have to stay for a bit,as what little moolah I'll have left to blow will hopefully go into a tailgate handle relocator (to the inside of the gate),smoothing out the outside and either recessing the license in there,or in a rollpan,and a used painted bumper from a salvage yard to match the front license to the rear (if not in the tailgate),some clear corner lights for the front,maybe some billet inserts for the grille,or a dual exhaust crossover (as in dual outlet muffler like a Cherry Bomb or Flowmaster,crossed over for the look and sound,with nice tips),LOL! When I get to doing more serious bodymods,I'll probably fill those holes in (weld a patch panel) and make up some kustom lights for the rear,or take some off another ride (Colorado or Saturn Vue maybe...).......ah,you know how it goes,LOL! :P:D:D

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Thanks,Brother. I'll have to wait on the tax refund next month anyways...but it'll save me much hacking and splicing (not to mention sacrificing of a kit...),which woulda been my first attempt at it on that scale anyways,LMBO! B)

Jared,it's a 4.3L/automatic. The euro tail lights will have to stay for a bit,as what little moolah I'll have left to blow will hopefully go into a tailgate handle relocator (to the inside of the gate),smoothing out the outside and either recessing the license in there,or in a rollpan,and a used painted bumper from a salvage yard to match the front license to the rear (if not in the tailgate),some clear corner lights for the front,maybe some billet inserts for the grille,or a dual exhaust crossover (as in dual outlet muffler like a Cherry Bomb or Flowmaster,crossed over for the look and sound,with nice tips),LOL! When I get to doing more serious bodymods,I'll probably fill those holes in (weld a patch panel) and make up some kustom lights for the rear,or take some off another ride (Colorado or Saturn Vue maybe...).......ah,you know how it goes,LOL! :P:D:D

I'll trade you my stocks for your euro lights. :P

I plan on getting clear corners and bumper lights as well. Billet grille, roll pan, shave the trim, ram air hood. And i plan on upgrading to the 98+ interior. It'll get bagged eventually, but for now it'll just get dropped 3-4. Probably this summer. Mine has the 4.3 Z model (carburated).

DSCF3006-1.jpg

DSCF3008.jpg

Nice looking truck :rolleyes: The previous owner's Grandpa (previous owner is currently away) said he'd droppped it 2/2 (inches,front/rear),but it looks closer to 3/3 to my eye (I've owned,and seen a few :blink: ). I'll try and drop it another 1-1.5"s,just to eliminate the wheelwell gap,though that'll make going across certain RR crossings and such...entertaining...in this area (high centering),LOL! I plan to bag mine as well,but it'll be after I ever get SSDI (disablilty) approval (been fighting for it 2 full years next month...sigh),or at least tax refund time a couple years from now (I plan to buy some 18-20" IROK wheels/tires next year,so that wad's already blown too,LMBO!). If it turns out to be as good a truck as I believe it to be,maybe even a V8 conversion in a few years (like and LS1,2,3 or 6? B) )...of course,LOTS depends on SSDI,and daBoss Lady :blink::):D

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Nice looking truck :rolleyes: The previous owner's Grandpa (previous owner is currently away) said he'd droppped it 2/2 (inches,front/rear),but it looks closer to 3/3 to my eye (I've owned,and seen a few :blink: ). I'll try and drop it another 1-1.5"s,just to eliminate the wheelwell gap,though that'll make going across certain RR crossings and such...entertaining...in this area (high centering),LOL! I plan to bag mine as well,but it'll be after I ever get SSDI (disablilty) approval (been fighting for it 2 full years next month...sigh),or at least tax refund time a couple years from now (I plan to buy some 18-20" IROK wheels/tires next year,so that wad's already blown too,LMBO!). If it turns out to be as good a truck as I believe it to be,maybe even a V8 conversion in a few years (like and LS1,2,3 or 6? B) )...of course,LOTS depends on SSDI,and daBoss Lady :blink::):D

My wife is currently fighting ssi as well, about 3 years for her. She said if she gets it she's gonna spoil me (my truck) and give me enough money to supply my addiction (the hobby). I'm planning 18 or 20 KMC Relic or Khaos (both discontinued, but I know people) or Eagle Alloy. I'm gonna stick with the 4.3, I've never seen a point in dropping a V8 in a mini. You'd never guess what I paid for it in November of 09 with 140,000 miles on it running strong.

Edited by grimreaper

I will be dropping in a v8, probably a 350 or something because of money. I love v8 mini trucks, that go fast and are cool. I like bagged trucks, but NO way will mine be bagged, never ever lol. It will be dropped quite a bit, which I might be getting a good deal on a 3/3 drop and 17in American racing rims in the spring. I also want the envoy lights and bumper cover(it was an option on the jimmy's from 99-01), Brazilian s10 tailights(because they look awesome) ss mirrors, zq8 rims, zq8 front and rear sway bars, redo interior in a tan/brown color to match the rest of the truck, and repaint the same color with gloss black on bottom. I also want to debadge the whole thing and remove those stick on pine stripes and the gold vinyl sticker that runs around the while bottom of the truck, but it might be faded so I probaly won't right now.

The best thing is that it only has 100,000 KMS

8fd92625.jpg

But the winters are taking a toll on the cab corners and the bed.

sonoma1135-1.jpg

I hopefully will have a job by the summer and will start putting some work in this.