Model Cars Magazine Forum

In an effort to keep the projects "seperate" I figured I'd slowly create a thread on each as I made progress.

So in the 1:1 world, there are many trucks that are laid out with air suspension or hydro's, some that lay the rocker (called "bodied" for slang usually) and some that are even cut to the point where the rocker is cut off and the bottom of the door is "capped" this is considered "doored" for slang.

This one is somewhat still up in the air at the moment, but I picked up a set of scale steelies from Aoshima (for me the wheels are the mainstay of the builds to get the ball rolling.)

IMG_20121026_060832.jpg

Now previously I had set my sights on using a set of the scale racing hart c5's from a HiLux kit, may still go that route, but would be stripping the chrome i think.

IMG_1710.jpg

Motor wise for this one I have a resin 10-71 and a shotgun scoop that I may utilize just so it has that "oh my" factor lol

Edited by relaxednoma

thanks! yeah the racing harts are going to be it, really entertaining the idea of stripping the chrome at the moment.

I bought some aluminum flat stock, going to start making some items, as in bed floor and such from it as an experiment. gas door, side moldings will also cease to exist.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm a Dime man myself (I've had 5: 3 first gens,1 4x and 2 slammed; 2 second gens,1 '96 extended cab dropped,one slammed 4 door '95 Blaze),I'm anxious to see what you do with this one :D
ahhh, were aplenty! lol. By chance are you on S10Forum? Any pics of your rides you've had?

Used to be (same username as here),dunnoif my account is still vaild,havent been on there (posting anyways) since last Fall...pics of the last 2 on this PC,pics of all previous were on the old PC that burned in the house fire last year. These pics are from last year (obviously,sold em both by late Fall,LOL!)both were static dropped.

030.jpg

001-2.jpg

Pic2.jpg

003-3.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

Ahh i totally remember the blazer. I'm "droppedss" on S10F lol.

Oh and here's some of the inspiration for this truck. my buddy shon reece's old s10 from his Pebble Pusher days (he's in ///RA now)

Before flames

58628_1271891977111_2750304_n.jpg

After flames

268055_1651718712542_1132335_n.jpg

I remember that s10, thing was sick. I love flames but I liked this truck a lot more without them. Kind of reminds me of that red ext cab doored s10 that I believe was called "red dog", "big dog", something like that.

/>

As far as S10forum...honestly,I haven't been on enough to know much of anybody. It was gettig to where you couldn't post without SOMEone starting a peeing match,/>

Man, I used to go onto s10Forum all the time. I think my s/n was Blzer2BNoticdNJ or something like that. For the same reason as Stephen, I haven't posted on that site, streetsourcemag, blazinlow, or any of them forums for a long time.