Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ramchargers Duster.....

Len Geisler

I notice a picture of a Ramchargers Duster Funny Car.....Just the thing for one of those Cop Out Dusters I picked up last week. Anyone have a pictures of this thing from another angle than the rear shot in my book?

Also, any ideas on basic Ramchargers color schemes? Chassis, engine and tin work colors???

Thanks in advance....

The Cop-out Duster will not work out very well for the Ramchargers Duster. The Ramchargers Duster had a "digger" frame (narrow like a dragsters) and a much more modified body. A Revell duster would be better but the best thing would probably be a Revell or AMT/Model King chassis with a resin body. There was about a 3 year gap between the Mongoose/Cop-out Duster and the Ramchargers car and the development was quite rapid in the early 70s. Sorry to rain on the parade but I just thought I would alert you to what's correct. When McEwen ran the Duster, the Ramchargers had a Challenger.

Have you thought about doing the Mongoose car? The kit is pretty well done and there are a few guys on Ebay selling the correct decals.

Andy,

Thanks for all the great information....Digger frame, are we talking like the Revellogram chassis? Anywho, I build some by the book and some real close. The reason for looking for the pics was to see just "how close" I could get and if it is only kinda close, then it becomes a "shelf quickie"....

But I will keep all yuor info in mind as I research this one....

Thanks again Andy......

ps: Love that 59 Caddy.....

• 1 month later...

Here ya go, Len. Didn't know if anyone else answered you, but hope this helps. The chassis is black, the tinwork inside the body is anodized red. The chassis panels are the same anodized red. They mounted their fire bottles just in front of the rear tires, pointing to the 1:00 position (left side) and 11:00 position (right side), mounted to the chassis.

RChargersDuster.jpg

What Modelmartin says is true. If you're looking to build a replica of this car, you should start out with a Revell older digger style chassis. If you can still find it, there is a Duster body that The Good Stuff made before going out of biz that would work great for this project. Good luck on the project, and please post pics when done.

Aaron