Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

Has something changed???? I used to just copy pics from photobucket, click the image icon above, paste, hit ok, and presto, there is my pic. Now I do it, and nothing happens & the screen freezes!! Whats up with that???!! I've tried all codes...direct link-which is what I've always done, tried HTML, and IMG. I am in no way a computer whiz, so I don't know what to do now!!! MAN this is driving me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: It lets me put the link in the box,I hit ok, nothing! I try to clic out, gives me this...message from webpage - some of the options have changed, are you sure to close dialog? What does that mean??????????? NICE, I see I posted this in the wrong spot!! Man, I give up today!!!!!!!! <_<

Edited by Casey

I just copied and pasted the "%7Boption%7D.." link from your album and it works fine. You don't need to click on and use the image icon on the header bar unless you're trying to re-post and image which is hosted elsewhere on the web. If the image is hosted in your fotki, Photobucket, etc. album, use the "%7Boption%7D..." or "code for forums" links and post them directly in the body of your message.

P1012513_zps1e973a37.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Can anyone else access my account with the link above?

No, that link is just takes me to a general Image Shack page, and not directly to your album.

Images worked fine, though. Nice truck.

Phillip, try using the "IMG" link instead, and pasting the link in the body of your message.

The way I post photos here with Photobucket is:

1 hover the mouse in the upper right corner of the photo I want and a drop down menu appears.

2 click on "get links"

3 click on the bottom IMG code

4 come here and right click in the post box and then click paste. a box will appear concerning access to your clipboard. click "allow access" and done.

Or, after you click on the IMG code, all you have to do is come back to the post you're writing here and hit Ctrl-v on your keyboard (hold them both down). The image code will show up wherever the cursor is blinking in the post you're writing, and when you click "post", the full image automatically comes up.

Noticed another problem- not only can I not post photos, the Quote option when making a post doesn't work anymore, either.

Using the image icon or cut 'n' paste? I don't even see the "Share" tab above the images in your fotki album-- is that a new change?

In all forum sections or just one?

Image icon- right click the URL and paste it into the prompt box like always, but the screen just freezes up like Derrick says. I have my albums set up so that only I can post photos from them- anyone besides me (or me, if I'm not logged into Fotki) can't access the 'Share' feature. It's happening in every forum section I've tried so far.

Edited by Chuck Most

Image icon- right click the URL and paste it into the prompt box like always, but the screen just freezes up like Derrick says. I have my albums set up so that only I can post photos from them- anyone besides me (or me, if I'm not logged into Fotki) can't access the 'Share' feature. It's happening in every forum section I've tried so far.

What if you grab a .jpg image off the web and try to use the image icon method- does that work or no?

revell-1966-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-350r.

Tried to copy and paste into the reply box and it would not paste. I can copy the URL into the Image prompt box just fine, but for whatever reason it won't work when I try it in the reply box. That and the edit I made to my above post does not show up, even though the post is tagged at the bottom as having been edited. I can't figure out what's changed in the last two days- I've made no changes to the computer, no updates, etc. .

I will PM Dave Ambrose and ask him if he can find anything off about the forum. I did notice that when hitting the return key and separating paragraphs that the space between those paragraphs sometimes doesn't show up after I hit the "Post" button, then I have to edit it back in, and it sticks.

When you run into posting problems, the first thing to do is clear your browser cache. I've seen instances where corrupted files get downloaded and cached. You have to clear it from your browser options, or settings.

Please let me know if that does or doesn't clear the problem. If it doesn't, I'll burrow into it this evening.

Dale- are you referring to the BBCode switch? If so, mine's on- everything is enabled.

Dave- cleared my cache, and no change whatsoever- still encountering the same problems. No problems on any other forums I frequent.

Yes. It reads BBCode Mode.

What browser are you using? Whatever it is, try something else.

Dale

Sometimes, and it's getting worse, I type out a reply, and hit the post button and a green window drops down and goes thru a saving post routine, then just quits and the reply hasn't been posted and the post button is gone? Anyone else? Using win 7 and I.E.

Does the autosave feature work when you're typing a reply into the reply box? I see "last autosaved at 13:43" or similar, so just curious if that appears when you type a longer, more time consuming reply.

• Gregg unpinned this topic