Model Cars Magazine Forum

'60's style Bugatti Showrod

TimKustom

Wow, surprised this one was still going.

The wheels are from the Revell '32 Ford Roadster (this is what I'm playing with now). I had to use two kits since only the rears fit the Revell Rat Rod tires (sorta).

Jantrix it was a pleasure to meet you as well.

Thanks again for all the nice comments. Heading back to the bench. ;)

• 1 year later...

My first thought when I saw how old this thread is was like, "why is someone dragging up ancient posts again"; then I took a look at it and am glad it was brought back to the top, it was one of last years best models. So, thank whomever brought it back up again.

This is one beautiful, imaginative creation, I see more of the talented, quality building techniques that didn't sink in the first time I looked at this beautiful model. Oops, I almost forgot the paint, it's so Swell it's (almost) by Mattel!! (The rest of you Old Farts will get/remember that commercial reference)

I'm still thinking this kit would make a great start to some of the Model T Speedsters that are showing up lately. Makes me want to find one to use with some of those Stock '25 T kits that I've got Rat Holed. Now if I could just find a few more sets of decent Model A wheels and tires... maybe a set of Buffalo Wheels.... hmmm....