Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine Issue 149

In this edition of the magazine.Drew Hierwarter discusses modifying the AMT dragster frame. It is an interesting article and I would like to replicate a frame like this. A small concern has come to mind. Drew did not completely explain, and I cant really tell from the pictures. How he brought the end of the frame. Where it attaches to the torsion bar together. Was this modified to taper together? or are the rails just stacked and glued to the torsion bar?

In this edition of the magazine.Drew Hierwarter discusses modifying the AMT dragster frame. It is an interesting article and I would like to replicate a frame like this. A small concern has come to mind. Drew did not completely explain, and I cant really tell from the pictures. How he brought the end of the frame. Where it attaches to the torsion bar together. Was this modified to taper together? or are the rails just stacked and glued to the torsion bar?

I have actually done it both ways. In this particular case I simply stacked them and glued the torsion bar tube to front of the stack. Once the glue dries a quick hit with a sanding stick blended the whole mess together!

You can make this whole process as simple or complicated as you like. I prefer simple. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to put it in the W.I.P. section but thought it might appeal better in this section marty. Thanks for you words It is very encouraging.I am still working out some of the finer details of one of these cars, Its a cool opportunity to get into building this Genre of model. :D