Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 NNL TOLEDO #31

Tom Kren

I'll be there too!!! But shouldn't we be callin it the NNL "Sylvania Show" It IS a MUCH nicer place than Maumee, and ALOT more room! See yaz there!!!laugh.gifwink.gif

We always called it Toledo when it was in Maumee. Calling it Toledo when in Sylvania is no different! I will be there after a 2 year absence. See all of you!

If the "vehicles" have to have less than 4 wheels, will no wheels work??!! :lol::P

Edited by Modelmartin

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

couple quick questions about the NNL, I see it's $10 admission, is there any extra cost to enter a model car or anything like that? This will be my first time going, if I can swing it. I'd like to go to the toy show too, how much is it to get into that since it's separate admission? Basically, how does the NNL go? I've been told it's basically like a big meet & greet, and everyone has a good time, and it's not like an actual contest or anything. I don't know if I'm going to have any cars completed in time, is a WIP ok to bring or is that frowned upon?

The NNL is a cruise for model cars, no judges, just a large group of friends. There are a couple of awards voted on by the attendees and lots of door prizes and raffle stuff. The primer table usually has the most people gathered around to discuss the builds, so bring your in-progress stuff....and a camera if you have one.

The vendors area is separate, although in the same large room. The vendors room opens earlier than the NNL plus Sunday.

Reminder...I am having an open door policy at my room at the Red Roof on Executive Parkway. Feel free to drop in Saturday morning after 8AM. Also, I may do the same Friday evening as I will be arriving early. Swap stories, stuff, visit...NO smoking though ;)/

couple quick questions about the NNL, I see it's $10 admission, is there any extra cost to enter a model car or anything like that? This will be my first time going, if I can swing it. I'd like to go to the toy show too, how much is it to get into that since it's separate admission? Basically, how does the NNL go? I've been told it's basically like a big meet & greet, and everyone has a good time, and it's not like an actual contest or anything. I don't know if I'm going to have any cars completed in time, is a WIP ok to bring or is that frowned upon?